Old 10-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #61
re-rx7
Banned

man that came out well!
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #62
BERT
I love tube socks

So a brand new car, what needs to be done to it? I think it's nice and shiny but I want shinier lol

I figured it needs to be clayed bared to get whatever is on it from the dealership off. Took it through an auto wash in frisco last weekend and the water seems to bead up nicely so far.

re-rx7- Do you travel or would I have to come to you? Obviously I would be getting this done when i'm in the area visiting the gf
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #63
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
So a brand new car, what needs to be done to it? I think it's nice and shiny but I want shinier lol

I figured it needs to be clayed bared to get whatever is on it from the dealership off. Took it through an auto wash in frisco last weekend and the water seems to bead up nicely so far.

re-rx7- Do you travel or would I have to come to you? Obviously I would be getting this done when i'm in the area visiting the gf
I'd be more then happy to help you out! Water beading is a good indication of a gd coat of wax still on the car. HOwever, most cars are "abused" while on the lot. Quick rinses and dries scratch the surface, bird poop ect. Id have to see it to give any idea of what you could do or if you wanted me to do it. Clay bar is always a gd idea before a gd wax and polish especially with Winter approaching. I travel sometimes and as always I can do it at my apt complex garage. The mustang you see I did had severe oxidation and man it was a handful. With silver for depth I'd go with a gd Caranuba vs sealant (sealant) for depth.

How many miles on car? Where do you park it?
Old 10-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #64
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I'd be more then happy to help you out! Water beading is a good indication of a gd coat of wax still on the car. HOwever, most cars are "abused" while on the lot. Quick rinses and dries scratch the surface, bird poop ect. Id have to see it to give any idea of what you could do or if you wanted me to do it. Clay bar is always a gd idea before a gd wax and polish especially with Winter approaching. I travel sometimes and as always I can do it at my apt complex garage. The mustang you see I did had severe oxidation and man it was a handful. With silver for depth I'd go with a gd Caranuba vs sealant (sealant) for depth.

How many miles on car? Where do you park it?

about to turn 1,000 miles and it stays parked outside most of the time. Only time it's in a "garage" is when i'm at my gf's apt in Frisco and I park it in her parking garage.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #65
re-rx7
Banned

Well with the winter coming i would suggest a good wax at min to keep it protected.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #66
BERT
I love tube socks

Well the next time I know I'm going to have some free time when I'm in town I'll get with you and see what your schedule is like
Old 10-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #67
re-rx7
Banned

I will pm you.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #68
Dan12GT

I'd like to offer my services as well to anybody looking for some paint treatment. I live in Roanoke and would be doing it out of my garage. PM me if you are interested and we can work it out.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #69
Midnight11
El Presidente

man people are jumping in on my hustle... lol

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #70
re-rx7
Banned

To really do a gd job be sure to have a paint depth measuring tool.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #71
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
man people are jumping in on my hustle... lol
I can handle my side of the town then

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #72
my95z28

For you guys that only have time to run through the car wash, go through a touchless and then use something like TurtleWax wax as you dry. Make sure to get a lot of product on the car (usually 2-3 squirts per panel) and if your microfiber starts getting dirty swap it out. If the car is really dirty split the car horizontally and do the top 75% first, then the bottom 25% with lots of product. Just be smart about how dirty the car is, better to leave a little dirt on the car than rub it in, come back to it later when you can take care of it properly. I've been doing this for years and always had good looking dark cars and it only takes 30mins or so to do on the way home from work,
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #73
jmurray87

Anyone still doing this on the side? My car needs some attention badly. I live in a apartment so sadly the car sits outside all the time. My only way of washing it is at work (I work at a dealer) or when I go home to my parents. But the cars paint has a lot of swirls that have been there since I got it...lazy previous owner. If anyone is up for it I am in Fort Worth and willing to travel to get her taken care of one day.

2011 Mustang GT/CS - GT500 Axleback
jmurray87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #74
re-rx7
Banned

I would but i have a few to do this next week and then a show to attend sat. HAve you thought about giving it a shot yourself?
Old 04-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #75
TwoQuack

Steve Hughes of http://mirrorfinishautodetailing.com He can visit you onsite at your home or you can bring the car to him. Lovely man from Manchester England and consummate professional with expert knowledge on paint surface care. He does claying and wet-sand if needed.
TwoQuack is offline   Reply With Quote