Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
jng2985

Originally Posted by donutninja View Post
So maybe I don't follow but why would the spring being upside down cause it to be fully compressed like that?
That's how it should be just flipped over. Coils start narrow and spread out, when installed correctly you can't see how compressed the spring is unless its jacked up. It was a mind fuck of a thing. Had no clue wtf happened and thinking worse case I picked up another set of K springs. Looking at the rear spring this morning it occurred to me that it's prob upside down.
The kicker is, either way the load on the spring is the same no matter how it is installed? What I found, no more noise/ride was improved.
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #2
donutninja

Originally Posted by jng2985 View Post
That's how it should be just flipped over. Coils start narrow and spread out, when installed correctly you can't see how compressed the spring is unless its jacked up. It was a mind fuck of a thing. Had no clue wtf happened and thinking worse case I picked up another set of K springs. Looking at the rear spring this morning it occurred to me that it's prob upside down.
The kicker is, either way the load on the spring is the same no matter how it is installed? What I found, no more noise/ride was improved.
yeah, crazy it can make such a big difference. At least you got it figured out!
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #3
zsommer79

Originally Posted by jng2985 View Post
The load isn't the same because the angles the spring compress at are going to be affected. If you could have seen it compressed it probably had a bulge/arch in it. Have you checked the front to make sure the shop installed them correctly? If the strut mount isn't positioned correctly it will throw your angles off.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote