Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
Varilux

Default Installed LCAs (and Roush splitters), now THAT's better!

After seeing some reduction in wheel hop after installing the Ford Racing P springs, I decided to try and further improve things by installing some SR Performance LCAs (I also threw some Roush chin and side splitters on at the same time just to have something visible to look at).

I would say the hop has been reduced to <10% of the factory set-up. Now instead of hopping, I just spin. Seriously, you would think the Pirelli P-Zeros would manage to grip better- I can induce fishtailing in 1st, 2nd, and even 3rd gears (if traction is this fleeting at around 430hp, I can't imagine how the 660+hp Shelbys are even driveable).

The installation wasn't all that bad (just have to do one side at a time to avoid having the axle move during install). Getting the front bushings into the mounting location is definitely tight- but I guess that's the point. LCA install took about 1.5 hours total on jack stands. Its probably not possible to get the 129 ft/lb of torque without a breaker bar (tightest I've ever had to get a bolt).

The ride is DEFINITELY firmer in the back with the stiffer springs and LCAs, and it feels great going through a curve (going around on ramps at high speed makes me wish I had gotten the Recaros- but I wanted red seats... is it possible to hook up a four point harness with the stock seats?).

We ran down to College Station over the weekend to purchase our daughter's first car (an '06 Mustang- that gives us a '65, '03, '06, and '14 in the driveway- along with our '11 F150... starting to look like a Ford dealership ), and it didn't seem any noisier than the stock set-up (made driving along the twisty back roads along the way fun, though).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LCA comp.jpg (100.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Roush installed1.jpg (68.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang Saras.jpg (132.7 KB, 30 views)

'65 Coupe Silver Smoke Grey, Red interior, 200 I-6, T-5spd
'03 Convertible Silver Metallic, grey interior, V6
'14 GT Coupe, Sterling Gray, Brick Red interior, 5.0, 6M

Last edited by Varilux; 03-20-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Varilux is offline   Reply With Quote