Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
CplPunishment

Default State inspection?

anyone know of any shops that get your vehicle inspected....and overlook the off road xpipe mod to exhaust?
4.6L, cold air, Diablo tune to 93 Octane & performance, off road x-pipe, SLP LoudMouth I, short throw shifter, stock 5spd T-45, Mongoose clutch, Brembo brakes, Eibach springs, SVT wheels and spacers. Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of my way.
CplPunishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
JDMLOL

Default State inspection?

Originally Posted by CplPunishment View Post
anyone know of any shops that get your vehicle inspected....and overlook the off road xpipe mod to exhaust?

If they do, they shouldn't post the name of the person or shop here.

Most cars will pass on a stock tune with o2 sensor spacers on the rear sensors. Many places are in too big of a hurry to get underneath the car to do a visual.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 04-22-2014 at 07:00 PM.
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
kanetrain

Well... that's illegal. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't even talk about that on here.
Eibach coil over kit, adjustable panhard bar w/ rear LCAs, Hurst shifter, magnaflow cat-back exhaust, o/r x-pipe, 85mm tb, cai, tune, 3.73 rear end gears, gold plated cross drilled/slotted rotors, TSW 19inch wheels, nice big 305s on the rear.
kanetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
Zeek

Originally Posted by kanetrain View Post
Well... that's illegal. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't even talk about that on here.
We talk about dragging people out on the highway all the time but we can't talk about no cats? Pretty dumb.
Dude your car will pass the inspection with no cats if your tuner isn't an idiot.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
We talk about dragging people out on the highway all the time but we can't talk about no cats? Pretty dumb.
Exactly.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
DirtyD

Dude your car will pass the inspection with no cats if your tuner isn't an idiot.

This. Aren't the newer model OBDII cars allowed 1 system "not ready" to pass inspection? so as long as nothing else is wrong, you should be good. Take the car to a drive through inspection place with no lift. They won spend the time and effort to get under the car
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #7
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
This. Aren't the newer model OBDII cars allowed 1 system "not ready" to pass inspection? so as long as nothing else is wrong, you should be good. Take the car to a drive through inspection place with no lift. They won spend the time and effort to get under the car

One not ready, but if the o2 sensors are not ready your sensor heaters are not ready as well making it two.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 04-22-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
JDMLOL

Just out of curiosity, which tuners do this? I wouldn't mine ditching the Bama if I can trust the shop and the employees seem halfway educated. You know, ones that can read and write above the 5th grade level...

And no, I'm not trying to start another Bama witch hunt thread.

The Queen:
Old 04-23-2014, 12:12 AM   #9
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Just out of curiosity, which tuners do this? I wouldn't mine ditching the Bama if I can trust the shop and the employees seem halfway educated. You know, ones that can read and write above the 5th grade level...

And no, I'm not trying to start another Bama witch hunt thread.

AED has a off road tune that will pass inspection so I hear.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:09 AM   #10
Zeek

I think Kevin can do it too. The white TT5.0 on E85
Old 04-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #11
kanetrain

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Exactly.
Right...so neither of you actually read what the thread was about.
Eibach coil over kit, adjustable panhard bar w/ rear LCAs, Hurst shifter, magnaflow cat-back exhaust, o/r x-pipe, 85mm tb, cai, tune, 3.73 rear end gears, gold plated cross drilled/slotted rotors, TSW 19inch wheels, nice big 305s on the rear.
kanetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:03 PM   #12
CplPunishment

Okay so I have my xpipe on, no cats so it ditched the stock hpipe with 6 cats, i still have said stock pipe in my living room, I know about visual inspections etc., my car is too low to lift in all the shops I've visited, basically right now I got it inspected (not charged) and it failed with 3 not readies. all o2 sensor related, no check engine light on, nothing else wrong. they said drive it around for like 50mi then come back, did that and same result. so is there any place anyone can PM me about, that or ill have to put my stock pipe on which we all can guess is a pain in ass. I read all your responses, I felt I needed to make myself more clear. I am in Dallas area and have till end of month. Please help a fellow mustang owner out
4.6L, cold air, Diablo tune to 93 Octane & performance, off road x-pipe, SLP LoudMouth I, short throw shifter, stock 5spd T-45, Mongoose clutch, Brembo brakes, Eibach springs, SVT wheels and spacers. Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of my way.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #13
JDMLOL

Go buy two sets of the long Dorman Help! spark plug non foulers from Oreillys or a pair of o2 sensor spacers off Amazon. If you go the non fouler route, Drill two out then stack them each on one non drilled non fouler. Stick your rear o2s in each stacked pair and then screw them into your x pipe. Tune your ecu to stock and find the readiness monitor reset procedure on Google, I believe downtime! Has it posted on the forum somewhere as well. You should pass and get no cel. Results may vary; do at your own risk. You may need more than two stacked non foulers. The Amazon spacers turned off the cel and showed "ready" for o2 sensor and heater on my previous vehicle...

The Queen:

Last edited by JDMLOL; 04-25-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #14
CplPunishment

Hey just an update, went to a shop that would help on the DL, basically told me there is no real way to pass without cats on these cars (99-04) so I went home, dropped the old stock 6 cat Hpipe in and passed then took that bitch back off. So until I do my 5.0 swap I'm keeping the hpipe as a back up for inspections, tickets, etc.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #15
Pewter Lurch

I run an automotive repair shop that does state inspections. We have to look under the car for atleast the outline of a cat and muffler. They can not fail you if they see the shape of a cat even it it is hollow. Yes the neq vehicles require a maximum of 1 not ready moniter to pass. ALWAYS check your ps level and brake fluid level and make sure there is no physical drip or leak. (Yes we can fail you for that) You can have only one plate light aslong as it emits WHITE light. Check your tires, we only check the middle treads (could careless about the outsides unless the secondary cords or steel is showing. Make sure wipers are cleaning "efficiently". Law now is no darker than 25% on the front passenger/driver windows. Just a little information to help.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
The Go Fast:
Magnaflow 3" OA | Pypes X-Pipe | Steeda CAI | VMP Tune | BBK Cat Deletes | SVT GT500 quad mufflers |

The Ride & Look Good:
Ford K Springs | BMR Adj. LCAs | BMR Relo. Brackets | BMR Adj. PHB | GT500 Spoiler | Boss Rear | Retrofit Headlights | GT/CS facia | Boss splitter | Retro billet grille | Steeda X Brace | Enkie RPF1 18x8/18x9.5 | '14 tail lights | '14 GT500 quad bumber |

Collecting Dust:
|Go Fast Parts(SHHHH no one knows)|
Pewter Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote