Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
toomnymods

Default Helped needed for suspension install this weekend

Wondering if anyone Is up to help me install some mods and hang out? I'll supply the beer and pizza
I live in a HOA and cant do this at my house and would hate to be fined 100 bucks. i have most sockets up to 15 or 16 mm both deepwell and regular in the 1/2" drive. Also have open end wrenches up to 15mm i believe. i also have standard wrenches up to 7/8" and sockets in 1/2" drive deep and normal as well.
I do not have a impact gun, or a torque wrench :/
Would like to try to get this all installed either friday or saturday of this week
11/22 or 11/23
Would like to start first thing in the morning as I'm sure this is a solid 4-5 hrs of work.

Heres a list of what's to be installed :P
1) Borla stinger catback
2) Drive Shaft Shop Aluminum 1 piece driveshaft
3) BMR UCA mount and adjustable UCA
4) BMR adjustable panhard bar
5) BMR panhard bar relocation brackets
6) BMR rear sway bar relocation kit
7) BMR lowering springs
8) BMR upper panhard support brace
9) BMR rear LCA relocation brackets
10) 2005-2010 GT 500 strut mounts
11) Strange Adjustable struts
12) viking rear double adjustable shocks

Thanks,
Chris

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
BV600

Make sure you have the hardware in the box for these
BMR UCA mount and adjustable UCA

Mine didn't took it off for nothing
Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
toomnymods

Man id be ticked.. Did they atleast overnight the missing stuff to you?

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
Old 11-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
BV600

Im still waiting on a reply from AM I used my discount code to get everything cheaper, If they don't answer me soon Ill go thru BMR.

Its a pain to the the UCA mount out so once it was out and I seen that I didn't have the hardware I was pretty pissed.

If you have the money, I bought a 200 FT Lb electric impact gun for like $50.00 and some cheapo sockets for another $20 from autozone just to get the job done.
Also what might make stuff easier remove the OVA Pipes.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:26 AM   #5
toomnymods

Well only thing more annoying than not having the money to buy parts is just looking at boxes of parts lol.. Fu$k the HOA going to try to tackle some of this in my garage tommrow at 9am and maybe finish up friday. Gonna suck having to do this on jackstands
If anyone in south arlington would like to come hangout message me i'll give ya my addy

Last edited by toomnymods; 11-21-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
El_Tortuga

Where are you located? I don't see jackstands as an issue, but air tools would make this much easier. I've got everything except a spring compressor, so I have borrowed that from Autozone when I did springs/struts/camber plates (3 different times, you would think that I could have combined activities).

Off tomorrow, had planned on some different home projects but I could shift gears.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
toomnymods

Text me pls
817-909-0977

Old 11-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Dominic Toretto

You get everything installed?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
El_Tortuga

Everything except the UCA and LCA relocation brackets. Springs, struts ,shocks, PHB, strut mounts. Ran out of time.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Everything except the UCA and LCA relocation brackets. Springs, struts ,shocks, PHB, strut mounts. Ran out of time.
Were you all trying to weld in the LCA relocation brackets? Looks like they just bolt in, I wouldn't imagine that tacking long at all especially if already doing the LCAs.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:52 AM   #11
toomnymods

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Were you all trying to weld in the LCA relocation brackets? Looks like they just bolt in, I wouldn't imagine that tacking long at all especially if already doing the LCAs.

-Alex
Yes everything is installed thanks to: El_Tortuga and Bacadiesel for thier help