Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #91
I am Legend

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Yeah sure that'll be good. Can you ask him for 6 (9)s in carbon fiber vinyl? If he can't then satin dark silver. Or do you want me to do it and I'll just get you to pick them up? I'll go in with you on them if it's better for him so he can use as little material as possible. As log gas you're ok with other of those colors. Haha.
sounds like one of the other guys has you covered, let me know if that changes. also stay away from dark colors if your car is dark, (not sure what car you have) because if you do an SCCA event they have some stricter rules as to visibility and size of the numbers.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #92
DirtyD

Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
lol, a little of both. they are printed on vinyl laminated and applied to magnet.
Sweet.

sounds like one of the other guys has you covered, let me know if that changes. also stay away from dark colors if your car is dark, (not sure what car you have) because if you do an SCCA event they have some stricter rules as to visibility and size of the numbers.
I'm getting Big Worm to cut me some only because of the quick turn around I need them for. Plus I have other stuff he's been holding for me that I need to pick up, so it just adds to the order.

I will contact you probably closer to the start of the season to get a true magnetic plate with a number on it.

Do you have any pics of yours by chance?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #93
pohnjarker

what time are yall going to be there and how much is it to watch?
Old 01-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #94
DirtyD

Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
I don't know if it cost anything to watch, but I planned to be there around 8 when the gates opened.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #95
Grandpa
I> /\/\

LOL, I'm not getting there that early to watch. If it stays cold I'm staying my ass home too!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #96
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
LOL, I'm not getting there that early to watch. If it stays cold I'm staying my ass home too!
Supposed to be mid-60s with morning temps in the low 40s. As soon as the sun comes up, it will start to warm up fast.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:53 PM   #97
jrj512

Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
Watching is free, as pervy as that sounds.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #98
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
Watching is free, as pervy as that sounds.
Ok, now I feel dirty. Thanks a lot.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #99
03MachMe

I'll be there around 8 as well. Need time to switch tires

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #100
jrj512

Don’t forget that the snack bar will be open.

Also, while the high temp will be 60ish, that will not occur until the afternoon. You will doing a lot of standing around in cold weather for half the day, so dress warm and in layers that you can peel off.

See you all on Saturday.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #101
HPT5.0

How late in the afternoon does the racing usually last? I have to work in the morning but want to check it out. Thanks!!
HPT5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #102
jrj512

Originally Posted by HPT5.0 View Post
How late in the afternoon does the racing usually last? I have to work in the morning but want to check it out. Thanks!!
We are usually there until 3:30.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #103
I am Legend

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Sweet.

I'm getting Big Worm to cut me some only because of the quick turn around I need them for. Plus I have other stuff he's been holding for me that I need to pick up, so it just adds to the order.

I will contact you probably closer to the start of the season to get a true magnetic plate with a number on it.

Do you have any pics of yours by chance?
Here is a pic of mine. Couple years old still looks ok. For reference these are 9"x12". Pros and cons to having a number plate. I like this style better because I've seen individual numbers fly off, with more surface area I haven't experienced that issue. Down side is if someone registers before you with your number your back to using painters tape numbers. The club I ran with in NH used to have a season sponsor, and you had to display their logo thus the empty white space at the bottom of the plate. I would just run a decal in that area and peel it at the end of the season. All the talk of numbers and getting new ones cut ETC has made me decide to do a redesign, so these are now retired.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg auto-x-number.jpg (40.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Jan 24, 9 37 39 AM.jpg (53.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by I am Legend; 01-24-2014 at 12:00 PM.
I am Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #104
DirtyD

Here is a pic of mine. Couple years old still looks ok. For reference these are 9"x12". Pros and cons to having a number plate. I like this style better because I've seen individual numbers fly off, with more surface area I haven't experienced that issue. Down side is if someone registers before you with your number your back to using painters tape numbers. The club I ran with in NH used to have a season sponsor, and you had to display their logo thus the empty white space at the bottom of the plate. I would just run a decal in that area and peel it at the end of the season. All the talk of numbers and getting new ones cut ETC has made me decide to do a redesign, so these are now retired.
How well have the magnets held up? Because I've heard that after a couple of uses, the magnets just stop sticking.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #105
I am Legend

like I said man, I've had these for a 2-3 years without issue. Had to pull them off my tool box to grab a pic of them. Last summer I left an NTAXS autox and forgot them on the doors, got on the highway and ripped home. They were still there when I got there