Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #16
downtime!

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
You wanna call something rice better have the power to back up that statement. We started that group for one reason. Automobiles. There is also old camaros, nova and shit on there as well.
I think I can handle that. And in your pics, I see nothing but a couple of Mustangs and a bunch of "non-Domestics".
Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #17
re-rx7
Banned

Well come on then. Car weighs around 2600 with him in it. Your def of rice is import and that make me laugh. The 90's laugh.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
re-rx7
Banned

Well come on then. Car weighs around 2600 with him in it. Your def of rice is import and that make me laugh. The 90's laugh. The old school stuff didn't make it out. You can check out the group on fb.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #19
Junkie

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
I think I can handle that. And in your pics, I see nothing but a couple of Mustangs and a bunch of "non-Domestics".
What does your "muscle car" run at the track?

I'm willing to bet my "ricer" has been faster and quicker.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
downtime!

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
What does your "muscle car" run at the track?

I'm willing to bet my "ricer" has been faster and quicker.
I know your ricer has been faster than mine. 10.85 @ 131 is my best so far.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #21
downtime!

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Well come on then. Car weighs around 2600 with him in it. Your def of rice is import and that make me laugh. The 90's laugh. The old school stuff didn't make it out. You can check out the group on fb.
I'm always game for a good race. Mine make 650 and weighs 3755 with me in it. It's been a best of 10.85 @ 131 so far. And no need to laugh at the definition, I used to build "rice" too. My last was a '92 Silvia coupe with an RB25 swap. It was a bit faster than my current ride, when we could keep it running. I'm pretty much a fan of any hot rod, foreign or domestic.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #22
46Tbird

You have the world's biggest rice chip on your shoulder. "Rice" is a pejorative for any car made in Asia, get over it.

I don't recall asking to "race the 7," especially with the driving skill demonstrated by your friends. And even Will would tell you that is a ricer meet, lmfao.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
You have the world's biggest rice chip on your shoulder. "Rice" is a pejorative for any car made in Asia, get over it.

I don't recall asking to "race the 7," especially with the driving skill demonstrated by your friends. And even Will would tell you that is a ricer meet, lmfao.
Well then let him. As far as I know will is pretty much just a car guy. We had this discussion at Jinbeh one night. Aww come on just one hwy pull. Driving skill demonstrated by one friend. Now if you wanna go out to Dkc somethin I will be mnore then happy to drag your ass there as well.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #24
46Tbird

You ricer guys are all the same. Some dude that lives at home dumps tons of money into some shitbox and then all his friends start calling out random people on the internet to race his car. LMFAO!

How about, no thanks buddy, I will just continue to drive my stock car around like a grandpa and watch you get you all worked up like a two-year-old with a dirty diaper.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #25
re-rx7
Banned

You ricer guys are all the same. Some dude that lives at home dumps tons of money into some shitbox and then all his friends start calling out random people on the internet to race his car. LMFAO!

How about, no thanks buddy, I will just continue to drive my stock car around like a grandpa and watch you get you all worked up like a two-year-old with a dirty diaper.
Like I said we can meet at DKc and do some racing in the turns. No I just like all cars and dont care to put them in different classes. You do realize we are driving mustangs correct? To call an Rx7 a shitbox while one drives a Mustang is kinda asinine dont you think?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #26
46Tbird

Maybe.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #27
blkGT00

You are highly misconstrued as to what "rice" or a "ricer" is. Ive seen more riced out mustangs and camaros than I have civics, 7's, vdubs. Its not the car that makes it rice its the person building the car. Your ignorant outlook on respectable cars makes YOU the ricer in this case.
blkGT00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
DirtyD

RICE = Radically Immature Car Enthusiast. Owning an import does not automatically equal rice.

But as Bryan said, if some of those drivers were truly not immature, they would have realized that in order to do a back roads cruise, you don't just jump on the road and drive spiritedly. You have someone check the road for any trouble spots to avoid exactly what happened to the RX8.

You also must know how to handle your car and the limits of your car as well.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #29
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
RICE = Radically Immature Car Enthusiast. Owning an import does not automatically equal rice.

But as Bryan said, if some of those drivers were truly not immature, they would have realized that in order to do a back roads cruise, you don't just jump on the road and drive spiritedly. You have someone check the road for any trouble spots to avoid exactly what happened to the RX8.

You also must know how to handle your car and the limits of your car as well.
I agree with all the above. I did just fine. SOme are blessed with the reflexes some are not.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #30
03MachMe

We obviously have two different definitions of rice in here. To some rice is anything that looks like it went through the local Autozone with a giant magnet and put everything they could find on the car. To others its anything made in Asia. IMO its both. anything modified from honda, mazda, etc is rice, as well as any domestic that is way over done. you meet did have a lot of rice in my opinion and you getting a butt hurt when people say that only makes it worse. I will never like the RX7 or RX8. Rotary motors are shit, there is a reason they never caught on. Are there some out there that are fast? of course but there is also fast Civics, smart cars, Kias etc. Just because it is fast does not mean its not rice. And funny how you mention DKC when there was a meet there 2 days ago..... I noticed you did not post in the thread or show up for that matter....

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote