Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
46Tbird

It wasn't turbocharged, it was just built from a Turbo Coupe.

I fucking hated that car, lol. It had a manual rack and manual brakes with a spool and slicks and skinnies. The mostly stock 460 had a mild cam but still had untouched factory D3VE (good) heads. With an Edelbrock Performer intake an 850 double pumper, plus the 1 7/8 swap headers, it made a little bit of power but it always ran hot as hell and it must have weighed 4200lbs, lol. I only took it to the track once and it ran an 8.001, so it was about as fast as a stock 5.0 today. I was disgusted and sold it. The dude I sold it to put a 250-shot of nitrous on it and gutted it, and ended up running some low 10s so I guess he had more fun with it than I ever did. I was just glad to see it go.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
It wasn't turbocharged, it was just built from a Turbo Coupe.

I fucking hated that car, lol. It had a manual rack and manual brakes with a spool and slicks and skinnies. The mostly stock 460 had a mild cam but still had untouched factory D3VE (good) heads. With an Edelbrock Performer intake an 850 double pumper, plus the 1 7/8 swap headers, it made a little bit of power but it always ran hot as hell and it must have weighed 4200lbs, lol. I only took it to the track once and it ran an 8.001, so it was about as fast as a stock 5.0 today. I was disgusted and sold it. The dude I sold it to put a 250-shot of nitrous on it and gutted it, and ended up running some low 10s so I guess he had more fun with it than I ever did. I was just glad to see it go.
Oh. Well damn, it was just a turd then.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote