Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I raced a terminator once.
Lmfao..
Old 11-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
DirtyD

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I raced a terminator once.
That wasn't a race.

That was school.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
BeastStang1302

I've yet to race one, but would like to. Agreed if we're both stock, I think I'll take'em.
    • BMR Panhard Bar
    • Cobra Jet Drag Springs
    • Roush Chin and side skirts
BeastStang1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
That wasn't a race.

That was school.

Lol. Wrong.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Go share this with the terminator guys.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1eBWyZ...3DY1eBWyZXlsg#
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
Dan12GT

BTW Steve your arguments always end in you comparing a Vette to a Mustang which should never be unless MAYBE a gt500 which again is still a big heavy mustang. The Mustang from its birth was designed to be a cheap affordable and practical fun car. Vettes are only 1 part of that, (fun)

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
BTW Steve your arguments always end in you comparing a Vette to a Mustang which should never be unless MAYBE a gt500 which again is still a big heavy mustang. The Mustang from its birth was designed to be a cheap affordable and practical fun car. Vettes are only 1 part of that, (fun)
My C5 was all of the above for over 5 years. Just sayin

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

What is affordable is relative. A lot of people can't afford a new Stang now because the prices keep creeping up. Some CS GT's were even approaching the $40k mark at one point. A Roush Mustang can easily go over $60k. Your argument is out the window now on Mustangs and pricing.

A very low mileage LS3 08-11 Vette can be bought for what a lot of Premium and CS buyers were paying for their cars. Grandsports are barely a little bit more and Z06's can be bought for low 40's. It's a fair comparison. Good luck buying a 13 GT500 for anything less than $55k.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #9
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
What is affordable is relative. A lot of people can't afford a new Stang now because the prices keep creeping up. Some CS GT's were even approaching the $40k mark at one point. A Roush Mustang can easily go over $60k. Your argument is out the window now on Mustangs and pricing.

A very low mileage LS3 08-11 Vette can be bought for what a lot of Premium and CS buyers were paying for their cars. Grandsports are barely a little bit more and Z06's can be bought for low 40's. It's a fair comparison. Good luck buying a 13 GT500 for anything less than $55k.
LOL! You are comparing new to used vehicles. A new vette is borderline 60k!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

LOL! You are comparing new to used vehicles. A new vette is borderline 60k!
You're missing my point. Forget it.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
Dan12GT

Your point doesn't make sense. Ya ya cost is relevant but when you look at the COST of all other sports cars, mustangs are on the lower end for a reason, to be a more affordable car while still retaining some fun factor.

Cars like Vettes are 2 seaters made with one plan in mind, going fast. There is nothing practical about them and they are essentially toys. Thus why their price tag is generally higher for a much more aggressive / faster car. Building a car like that takes more engineering, more development, more expensive parts, etc. making the car MORE expensive.

I wanted a brand new fun car yet also somewhat practical car and thats what I got with my Mustang. I could almost buy two of my cars if I went and bought a brand new Vette. That point is what most of if not all of us Mustang owners share.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Your point doesn't make sense. Ya ya cost is relevant but when you look at the COST of all other sports cars, mustangs are on the lower end for a reason, to be a more affordable car while still retaining some fun factor.

Cars like Vettes are 2 seaters made with one plan in mind, going fast. There is nothing practical about them and they are essentially toys. Thus why their price tag is generally higher for a much more aggressive / faster car. Building a car like that takes more engineering, more development, more expensive parts, etc. making the car MORE expensive.

I wanted a brand new fun car yet also somewhat practical car and thats what I got with my Mustang. I could almost buy two of my cars if I went and bought a brand new Vette. That point is what most of if not all of us Mustang owners share.
That makes sense from YOUR perspective. But I don't share that one and some others don't as well. Not everyone daily drives these things. The car is a TOY for me and does not get daily driving duties. I'm simply speaking from a great bang for the buck, going fast, having fun with car. Not a daily commuter. I learned LONG ago you should never heavily modify your daily driver that you depend on to get to and from work.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
Dan12GT

That makes sense from YOUR perspective. But I don't share that one and some others don't as well. Not everyone daily drives these things. The car is a TOY for me and does not get daily driving duties. I'm simply speaking from a great bang for the buck, going fast, having fun with car. Not a daily commuter. I learned LONG ago you should never heavily modify your daily driver that you depend on to get to and from work.
Agreed there and thus why mine doesn't really have anything done to it. I understand your perspective. If you have a car as a Toy only basis I get the bang for the buck perspective. If I could ever swing a Toy only car too I might not own a Mustang if going fast was the only thing on my mind.

Or maybe i'd build mine out and eat vettes

Old 11-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Agreed there and thus why mine doesn't really have anything done to it. I understand your perspective. If you have a car as a Toy only basis I get the bang for the buck perspective. If I could ever swing a Toy only car too I might not own a Mustang if going fast was the only thing on my mind.

Or maybe i'd build mine out and eat vettes
LOL, that is all I'm saying and you're grilling me for not being one of those people that think the 5.0 is the end all be all cars! Damn. I like my car, I just happen to think it's a turd. Haha.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
Dan12GT

LOL, that is all I'm saying and you're grilling me for not being one of those people that think the 5.0 is the end all be all cars! Damn. I like my car, I just happen to think it's a turd. Haha.
I'd hardly say I am grilling you. I am just saying your arguments always end comparing two very unlinke cars calling the Mustang a slow turd which I don't think it is. The mustang GT in stock form can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds and 160 ish top speed. Which in the normal public's eye is pretty fast, which IS the market for mustangs. I do not at all think the 5.0 is a end all be all either. I'm saying its great for what it is designed to market with and Ford has really stepped up their game with the Mustang.

Yes grill me all you want on that statement too but when it comes down to it there is always something faster. Are you just going to call everything slow until you are the fastest possible? I'm sure once you own that Vette you will say its a slow POF until you can own a GT-R or a lambo or something....

Also, I did't buy my car to be competitive in the car scene, I couldn't give two shits about it. Most again who buy a Mustang feel the same way. Not everybody who owns a Mustang is a DFW5.0s member. I just like associating with people that enjoy cars of all types.