Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
re-rx7
Banned

Default Oklahoma Meet "Purpose Built FB group".

We had our first meet this past Saturday and the turnout was pretty good. 20 cars or so showed up a few wrecked getting a little excited on the corners but all in all it was a pretty gd day. I got drug by an Rx7 as well. Here are a few pics.

At the Burger Shack getting some grub.

Everyone gassing up except me. I got 93 before I left Tx!

We headed to the first spot in Turner Falls for some pics!

Then we headed from Turner Falls to Doughtery, Ok a little town nestled in the Arbuckles. Not much here just 1 little store.

Then from Doughtery we headed to the pass. It was here disaster struck. I was following the Rx7 through tight elevation changing sweepers when there appeared dirt in the road from the Rain we had on Friday. I barely managed to slow down but the Rx8 behind me had no such luck. He spun and over corrected sending him intothe fence. Car ran but the front bumper was trashed.

After stopping for Fried Pies lol we headed to the pass. this just some pics that were taken on top. Great time up here.

Heading up the pass!

On top!

All in all it was a fun day. Made alot of new friends, the next one is in October and will most likely be alot larger. Get on Fb and look us up!

Last edited by re-rx7; 07-29-2013 at 11:55 AM.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
DirtyD

So more details about this? I've driven to Tuner Falls, which isn't a bad drive, and may be interested in doing this while camping there for a night or two.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
re-rx7
Banned

Basically we start out at Davis and head to Sulphur. After that its alot of back roads with new pavement and then to the mountain by Falls Creek. The mountain has brand new paved roads!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
DirtyD

So y'all take Hwy 1 towards Ada?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
So y'all take Hwy 1 towards Ada?
Hwy 7 Davis to Sulphur. Then back to davis down chicsaw trail to doughtery.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
rriddle3

The land around Turner Falls was formerly owned by the parents of the wife of one of the brothers of my father. They donated it to the Baptist church that runs the camp there back early last century. My dad and his siblings grew up in Davis and learned to swim there at the falls. I've spent a lot of time around there and the switchbacks and hairpins on the old road off of I35 can be fun.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
re-rx7
Banned

We had alot of fun. Some had too much judging by the pics. The Blue Rx7 made a little over 500whp on a mustang dyno.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
46Tbird

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Then from Doughtery we headed to the pass. It was here disaster struck. I was following the Rx7 through tight elevation changing sweepers when there appeared dirt in the road from the Rain we had on Friday. I barely managed to slow down but the Rx8 behind me had no such luck. He spun and over corrected sending him intothe fence. Car ran but the front bumper was trashed.

This right here is why you'll never catch me at a ricer meet. Too much stupid shit.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
re-rx7
Banned

A ricer meet you say? Lol we were drving through the curves and the rain had washed out dirt onto the road. We all about lost it going 45mph. In all your infinate wisdom. Lol Come on up and im sure that "ricer" rx7 will drag ur ass eveerywhere. If you notice there was nice tbss, 5.0's, evos, and we were all just enjoying the day.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #10
46Tbird

My wisdom is not infinite, but it doesn't have to be to know that:

- dude was going WAY faster than 45mph
- ricer meets are nothing but trouble
- this is a ricer meet:

Glad you had a great time, looks like fun!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
My wisdom is not infinite, but it doesn't have to be to know that:

- dude was going WAY faster than 45mph
- ricer meets are nothing but trouble
- this is a ricer meet:

Glad you had a great time, looks like fun!
Like I said come on up and race the 7 if you cosider it rice. I guarantee it was no faster then 45mph. You didnt see the corners before it. Its all in rythm until this last corner with some washout. Ricer can be domestic as well. Ive seen more domestic Rice then import nowadays.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
downtime!

What does the RX being fast have to do with rice? That picture is clearly 99% import content, and that's not domestic. Import = rice.

It appears like a couple of Mustangs tagged along on an import cruise. Interesting fact, but I've been on literally hundreds of back road cruises over the years, and not once has anyone ever run through a fence. Spirited driving has its place, and this was obviously not it.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #13
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
What does the RX being fast have to do with rice? That picture is clearly 99% import content, and that's not domestic. Import = rice.

It appears like a couple of Mustangs tagged along on an import cruise. Interesting fact, but I've been on literally hundreds of back road cruises over the years, and not once has anyone ever run through a fence. Spirited driving has its place, and this was obviously not it.
Wait. So your def of rice is import only? So only ricer behavior can be attributed to ricers? LOL Have you ever been through back roads after it has rained? Dirt washes out and covers the road. If your not familiar with said road it can bite you. It bit him. So you must be a super driver?

Import=car
domestic=car
Rice= dumbass behind the wheel buring out, revving, neon lights.
I.e this vid.
http://www.ricekiller.com/

Last edited by re-rx7; 07-29-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #14
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
What does the RX being fast have to do with rice?
You wanna call something rice better have the power to back up that statement. We started that group for one reason. Automobiles. There is also old camaros, nova and shit on there as well.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #15
downtime!

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Have you ever been through back roads after it has rained? Dirt washes out and covers the road. If your not familiar with said road it can bite you. It bit him. So you must be a super driver?
Let's just concentrate on this part of your statement, shall we? Why would you being going fast on a road that you don't know the condition of? I'm not a super driver, just a smart driver. If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. Period.