Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #376
kdanner

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I wasn't happy with the times so I just threw away the slips. Sorry.
Dude that's valuable data, don't ever throw those away. You need that for comparison later to see where you improved, where you didn't.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #377
Yagermeister

So Jeff you have no data to learn from the next time you go to the track? Keep them next time :-)
Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #378
kdanner

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
I know autos need drs and manuals need slicks...but how do all the manual True Street guys get down the track since they can't run slicks?

DOT bias is what I'd be on.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #379
Yagermeister

Kdanner types faster...
Old 08-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #380
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
Again not correct,

You put your car in drive and let your tuner do all your shifting for you in your auto. A stick takes much more to make it work, (I drive a auto too)

Autos = drag radial
Manuel = slick

Promise this is not a pissing match but this is true
I agree. To add to that an auto car doesn't shock the tires as much as a stick car does either. Depending on how badly the car transfers weight it can shock the tires a few times in one pass and never really get settled going down the track. With an auto, the weight is always on the rear axle.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #381
Yagermeister

See you all later this week...going to bed now to wake up to start the drive down from Detroit back to Dallas at 5am CST
Old 08-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #382
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
Dude that's valuable data, don't ever throw those away. You need that for comparison later to see where you improved, where you didn't.
Yeah but that was my first time out. I need to learn the basics all over again like I used to back in the early 2000's. I had a 2000 GT with bolt ons and 100 shot and I was turning 1.6 60ft with nittos DR and running 11.7 at 117 mph but I was at the track every weekend. That's before I took over my company, had kids, and a wife. Don't have the free time anymore but I'm gonna go as much as I can right now.

So I don't see the point of keeping them right now when I need to learn how to drive this car all over again at the track.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #383
Bearded Banger

I like nachos! All 3 of them!
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #384
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

See you all later this week...going to bed now to wake up to start the drive down from Detroit back to Dallas at 5am CST
Be safe Dad.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #385
Yagermeister

Dad says "Jeff, listen to kdanner and wbt more often and faster you will go!"
Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #386
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I'd throw myself over a cliff if I spent as much money as Jeff did to get an 11.8 no traction or 11.2 with traction out of my car NA when others have gone faster with a lot less (wbt, kdanner, CasperGT, shaun@aed, 04compgt, me) all stock heads and cams and internals.

With 520+ HP he should be mile per houring at 130 or better even if he is spinning.
Jesus Christ it's my first time at the track with this car. How many times do I need to say that. I'm sure it will go faster with more time behind the wheel. And also that doesn't make sense for that MPH for my car. I mean there were SC cars making a lot more hp then me running slower then 130 mph.

Last edited by BLK2012GT; 08-18-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #387
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

I'd throw myself over a cliff if I spent as much money as Jeff did to get an 11.8 no traction or 11.2 with traction out of my car NA when others have gone faster with a lot less (wbt, kdanner, CasperGT, shaun@aed, 04compgt, me) all stock heads and cams and internals.

With 520+ HP he should be mile per houring at 130 or better even if he is spinning.
Lol.....apples to oranges again smarty pants.....

Jeff's car is not a drag car, not set up for it, has all the interior in it ect.....

Wbt and me visited for a bit last night and seems to know his stuff pretty well. He know how to prep his car for the track, one light weigh seat, no interior, true big and little wheels, proper tires for his set up. This is just what I seen by walking by his car. Seem to know his car and what it took to make it preform

Jeff's does not know his car, does not have proper suspension for what he was doing last night, needs to Lear how to drive the car better, pull unnessiary weight for track, put proper wheel and tires ect.....

But Jeff only needs to do this if he is trying to see the peak performance in drag racing. If he is going to fight with you guys all the time then he needs to make the car track ready before going to the track. But to compair how much tie. You have, and the other cars listed I'm sure there times they are running now are not the times they ran there first time to the track.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #388
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
Lol.....apples to oranges again smarty pants.....

Jeff's car is not a drag car, not set up for it, has all the interior in it ect.....

Wbt and me visited for a bit last night and seems to know his stuff pretty well. He know how to prep his car for the track, one light weigh seat, no interior, true big and little wheels, proper tires for his set up. This is just what I seen by walking by his car. Seem to know his car and what it took to make it preform

Jeff's does not know his car, does not have proper suspension for what he was doing last night, needs to Lear how to drive the car better, pull unnessiary weight for track, put proper wheel and tires ect.....

But Jeff only needs to do this if he is trying to see the peak performance in drag racing. If he is going to fight with you guys all the time then he needs to make the car track ready before going to the track. But to compair how much tie. You have, and the other cars listed I'm sure there times they are running now are not the times they ran there first time to the track.
You guys already gave me the car I've always wanted. I wanted a 500 rwhp NA with a big shot of nitrous. Now I have it I need to decide what I want to do with it. Right now I want it to be a full street car but will run decent at the track. I don't need a race car setup like Brent and WBT with the perfect suspension and shit taken out. I just want to have fun with it on the street. Cause right now we don't know what suspension I need cause I haven't used the nitrous yet at the track.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #389
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I agree. To add to that an auto car doesn't shock the tires as much as a stick car does either. Depending on how badly the car transfers weight it can shock the tires a few times in one pass and never really get settled going down the track. With an auto, the weight is always on the rear axle.
Applying power smoothly is the key, launching in a window of 200rpms Jeff's car will either bog or spin. There is not much driving to be had with as little torque that these motors make. Slicks will help but Jeff will have to decide if he wants to set the car up for racing or just settle for what ever the car runs with traction,

Old 08-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #390
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
You guys already gave me the car I've always wanted. I wanted a 500 rwhp NA with a big shot of nitrous. Now I have it I need to decide what I want to do with it. Right now I want it to be a full street car but will run decent at the track. I don't need a race car setup like Brent and WBT with the perfect suspension and shit taken out. I just want to have fun with it on the street. Cause right now we don't know what suspension I need cause I haven't used the nitrous yet at the track.
I would not say there cars are drag cars because there not. What I meant was they do what is needed to run there best by removing weight for the track and then putting it back when the car is ready for street duty.