Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #61
46Tbird

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
His vert has a full Griggs road racing suspension under it. Which in turn he will do better in auto cross than drag racing.
Cool, then it should be no problem!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #62
DirtyD

Under $50 gets me really into going.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #63
03MachMe

I cant wait for this!!!!!

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #64
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Because I've been to enough autocross events to know that 10-second Fox bodies don't win. The idea isn't to accelerate, steer, and brake. The idea is to maintain the highest average speed and that will almost always be done by some low power shitbox on sticky tires. I'm not knocking Matt's car or his driving abilities. He'll have fun no matter what. But I'll buy him a case of his favorite beer if he does win his class, lol.

Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #65
Kosovobandit

I had some questions :

after our 1st round pass, will the winner move on to a 2nd round to face another car of the opposite team, and continue through the rounds until we crown a winner. And do we accumulate 1 point for our team for each round win?

Will we be racing on a .4tenths tree, .5tenths tree, or full tree?

Are electronics allowed I.e. 2 steps?

Will there be a rule similar to pinks all out where if you run more than .1 tenth faster than your quickest qualifying pass you're out, to in essence eliminate cheating and manipulating the ladder?

I greatly appreciate the help and sorry if any repeats.
Kosovobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #66
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Kosovobandit View Post
I had some questions :

after our 1st round pass, will the winner move on to a 2nd round to face another car of the opposite team, and continue through the rounds until we crown a winner. And do we accumulate 1 point for our team for each round win?

There are 2 qualify passes and one heads up pass against your paired up race. Keep in mind we are not pairing them by time's but by qualifying spot of there own teams and your team. Same template as the buick VS ford shootouts have been running for decades.

Will we be racing on a .4tenths tree, .5tenths tree, or full tree?

This will be a 5.tenths tree

Are electronics allowed I.e. 2 steps?

yes all electronics are allowed

Will there be a rule similar to pinks all out where if you run more than .1 tenth faster than your quickest qualifying pass you're out, to in essence eliminate cheating and manipulating the ladder?

No, Pinks was a complete different format. They where picking a class off cars that run the same time. We are not picking a class, we are going off fastest mustang to slowest mustang and fastest Camaro to slowest Camaro. There will be no times displayed to anyone other than the racer him self during qualifying. This keeps anyone from knowing who they are racing (or wanting to race) till the list is posted after qualifying is complete. Since neither team know how fast the other car is, it will be very hard to knows if they can sand bag or not

Fastest mustang VS Fastest Camaro
Second mustang VS second Camaro
third Mustang Vs Third Camaro
forth Mustang vs forth Camaro
fifth Mustang vs fifth Camaro

And so on.........

I greatly appreciate the help and sorry if any repeats.

I replied in red,

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #67
sasquash1984

Damn sandbaggers
Old 08-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #68
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
Damn sandbaggers
lol

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #69
STROKD
Old School

lol at Danny, I thought it was common knowledge the car was a GR40. It was built at Griggs in fact and tuned by John himself.

If it had some real tire under it like a 888 or a Hoosier slick, it'd prob hold it's own, but Ill be on 555s since that's all I have, so it might slide a little. I think it'd be fun if there is enough room around the track and some good short straights to get up to speed. Plan was to get it in second and just two foot pedal it around with a little trailbraking and quick 4 wheel slides from turn to turn (assuming there are plenty of switchbacks).

Im down to give it a try. Will I get to be in a class with other fox-bodies and 3rd/4th Gen Camaros?

I'f it behaves on the autocross, Id consider running it down the track too.

Donnie, I wasnt worried about stopping(car has 4 wheel Baers), I was worried about getting thrown from the track after paying 50 bucks to race. It will do WAY under a 13.49 which is the requirement for a cage in a convertible build before 2008 I think it is.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #70
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
lol at Danny, I thought it was common knowledge the car was a GR40. It was built at Griggs in fact and tuned by John himself.

If it had some real tire under it like a 888 or a Hoosier slick, it'd prob hold it's own, but Ill be on 555s since that's all I have, so it might slide a little. I think it'd be fun if there is enough room around the track and some good short straights to get up to speed. Plan was to get it in second and just two foot pedal it around with a little trailbraking and quick 4 wheel slides from turn to turn (assuming there are plenty of switchbacks).

Im down to give it a try. Will I get to be in a class with other fox-bodies and 3rd/4th Gen Camaros?

I'f it behaves on the autocross, Id consider running it down the track too.

Donnie, I wasnt worried about stopping(car has 4 wheel Baers), I was worried about getting thrown from the track after paying 50 bucks to race. It will do WAY under a 13.49 which is the requirement for a cage in a convertible build before 2008 I think it is.
I know I was just giving you shit. That's the same reason I don't plan on racing my vert, there is no point without a cage and my car will never have a cage.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #71
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I know I was just giving you shit. That's the same reason I don't plan on racing my vert, there is no point without a cage and my car will never have a cage.
You can do autocross and such with it. There is more kinds of racing than just drag racing.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #72
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
You can do autocross and such with it. There is more kinds of racing than just drag racing.
exactly, I think the autocross will be a lot of fun. I mean it's what the damn car is built for, and I know my dad would rather me drift it around a track than try to launch it hard and break the transmission. lmao
Old 08-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #73
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Well I'm not sure I will auto cross it this year but I'm starting to look at upgrading to 4 wheel disc and some extra handling equipment. But I will have to buy new rims if I do the break swap so not sure it's going to happen yet.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #74
csamsh

In for this one for sure. Any word on a couple things-
- do we sign up for specific event?
- any "class rules" or is it "run what ya brung" for the autox?

2012 GT- Brembos, 3.55's
AST 4150's, Hyperco 550F/250R springs, Torsen T2R, Vorshlag CC plates, Whiteline Sways,
18x11 Forgestar F14's
csamsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #75
sasquash1984

Today at Kennadale image.jpg