Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
DirtyD

Default The Beginning Of A Car Show: DFW5.0s Style

"Karz For Kidz" or "Kars For Kids" or "Cars For Kids" (take your pick)

Basically, the idea is simple. A car show held in mid-Fall (late Oct.-mid Nov.) in which admission, and/or show registration fees be a new, unopened toy to be donated to Toys For Tots in time for Christmas.

A guy on SVTP has apparently already started a show of this nature in his area, and had great success on his first show, about 65 cars. I don't know what classes were open, but obviously we can decide that.

Having a "Picture With Santa" booth, and possibly a few other kid oriented things would help to make it family friendly, and possibly a "People's Choice Award" for the attendees to get involved.

I figured with the local performance and custom shops we have connections with, along with some of the vendors we have, we could find a way to start one of our own here in DFW. Affiliation with other boards probably wouldn't hurt to get donations or exposure, but this is just brain storming right now.

So what do you guys think? I say we try and make it happen.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

That's cool, I'm down.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
JDBishopArts

If you need any help organizing it I wouldn't mind. I ran 2 "toyz for tots" car shows before. We could try to get some vendors to come out too. Wonder if UTI could help.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
03MachMe

If we do it in the city of Richardson I might be able to talk to my FOP into helping with the sponsorship. I like the idea a lot tho!!

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Hell yes, let's do it. Cruisin For A Cause!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
If you need any help organizing it I wouldn't mind. I ran 2 "toyz for tots" car shows before. We could try to get some vendors to come out too. Wonder if UTI could help.
I thought about getting with Jared at Ricekiller once we knew more details. I know that he isn't really well recieved in the car community around here, but he has some big time hook ups that would be a big help in possibly scoring a venue and other sponsors.

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
If we do it in the city of Richardson I might be able to talk to my FOP into helping with the sponsorship. I like the idea a lot tho!!
Definitely a possibilty. Would also be nice to have a little security there in case we have some rather immature people being just that...
Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
03MachMe

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I thought about getting with Jared at Ricekiller once we knew more details. I know that he isn't really well recieved in the car community around here, but he has some big time hook ups that would be a big help in possibly scoring a venue and other sponsors.

Definitely a possibilty. Would also be nice to have a little security there in case we have some rather immature people being just that...
Im sure Jared wont help you unless you plaster the Ricekiller name everywhere.....

Plus if it has Police associated with it the majority of the scum dont bother to show up. may limit our attendance but would be a better quality of people

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 10-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I think we all would really need to GTG and discuss this. That would be a horrible move in my opinion. His name being involved at all will instantly chase people away and DFW50's will lose instant credibility. If Jared is involved in any form or fashion, I certainly will not be.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
DirtyD

Im sure Jared wont help you unless you plaster the Ricekiller name everywhere.....
For awhile he was associated with the truck club I was a member of in Houston with getting together RKC meets down there. The huge ricer scene eventually killed the meet, and the truck club fell apart not long after.

I think he would help us, because that would then be a return for him and RKC as being a charity liking group, which is a PR plus for him.

Plus if it has Police associated with it the majority of the scum dont bother to show up. may limit our attendance but would be a better quality of people
This is true.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I think we all would really need to GTG and discuss this. That would be a horrible move in my opinion. His name being involved at all will instantly chase people away and DFW50's will lose instant credibility. If Jared is involved in any form or fashion, I certainly will not be.
agreed I cant put my FOP name with Ricekiller sorry

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 10-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Agreed 100%.

Being involved with the city of Richardson would be an excellent move giving the event credibility and giving attendees confidence the toys will go where they are suppose to.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
DirtyD

As far as having an older more respectable showing of cars, leaving him out would definitely be a plus.

But like I said before, this is brainstorming. I figured we could try and at least tap into his well of sponsors to get something out of it. Kind of use him.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
DirtyD

Agreed 100%.

Being involved with the city of Richardson would be an excellent move giving the event credibility and giving attendees confidence the toys will go where they are suppose to.
Agreed. You guys win.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
JDBishopArts

We can get plenty of sponsors and cars with out him.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Agreed. You guys win.
Not beating you down D. I think it's AWESOME you are thinking and getting something going for DFW50's. We really need to get something going. I think we just need to attach ourselves to solid things with good reputation in order to build ourselves into a legitmate club.

Without bashing, Jared is very well aware of his challenges due to the reputation that he and RKC have these days. Four or five years ago, RKC was pretty fun, lots of racing action and good videos going around the web. But now, it's mostly very young ricer kids that fill his parking lots of his meets. More often than not, they ruin the meets and bring a negative attention from local police departments.

We want to work WITH local authorities and cities for our functions, not work against them.

Let's keep brainstorming and do something great!