Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 PM   #16
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
Cant wait to kick off the season!!

I'm trying to work out a little scouting report. Does anyone in class 3 remember car number 77 (Blue 335i), what It had for mods, etc?
Had enough to kick the crap out of us lowly Fords. As the first of the Mustangs in 3, I felt like the tallest midget when I saw he had something like 4 seconds/lap better. He's all yours for the taking.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:25 PM   #17
DirtyD

I'm just going to try to not get last this time, since the chick in the Lotus moved to 3R. Lol
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #18
DirtyD

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
You'll have to defend our honor. I'm doing the ER event on Sunday. Anxious to see what the Lone Star Park lot is like. It's supposed to be a bigger piece of pavement.

Hope the rain stays away for both events.

Rain is supposed to come through Saturday night, into Sunday morning. I hope it does stay away for y'all
Old 03-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #19
Jucostud

Had enough to kick the crap out of us lowly Fords. As the first of the Mustangs in 3, I felt like the tallest midget when I saw he had something like 4 seconds/lap better. He's all yours for the taking.
So you're college fund racer lol. Wish I had my new mods so I could give u a run for your money. I'm stock for now with tires so I had to run STU NOVICE

Pre-5.0 Hellaflush
Jucostud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #20
jrj512

I think you guys are severely underrating experience and overrating the vehicle.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #21
donutninja

Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
I think you guys are severely underrating experience and overrating the vehicle.
Yup. When I first started AutoX, I let a buddy of mine co-drive my car. He was 5 seconds faster than me. I wasn't even all over the place, just inexperienced. He had also never driven my car before and I drove it daily.
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #22
Jucostud

I don't under estimate that at all. I won my class last week in a stock car lol.

Pre-5.0 Hellaflush
Old 03-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #23
DirtyD

A lot of people appear to think that AutoX is like roll racing. The better your car is, the better you will be. That's not the case.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #24
I am Legend

You'll have to defend our honor. I'm doing the ER event on Sunday. Anxious to see what the Lone Star Park lot is like. It's supposed to be a bigger piece of pavement.

Hope the rain stays away for both events.
Im thinking about doing both, lets see what the weather does.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #25
I am Legend

I already know that guy is quick, but that's who Im gunning for. very good driver in a very balanced car, with the same (or more HP) then my 3v. Should be a good time.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #26
El_Tortuga

Not at all. I've seen it stated as 75% driver, 20% tire, and 5% car. Works for me, I've got no problem wearing that ass kicking.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #27
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by Jucostud View Post
So you're college fund racer lol. Wish I had my new mods so I could give u a run for your money. I'm stock for now with tires so I had to run STU NOVICE
Cool. Same class then. It's not me you should fear, the boost buggies should be the car to have, and STU has a terrible PAX number. On the other hand, the pony is just too much fun.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:00 AM   #28
Jucostud

Once my mods go on, I'll be in CAM or SM. Stupid LCA and relo bracket rules.

Pre-5.0 Hellaflush
Old 03-07-2014, 04:01 AM   #29
Jucostud

And not to mention, intake manifold and cams... And no cats. Yep, cam and SM

Pre-5.0 Hellaflush
Old 03-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #30
donutninja

Slightly off topic but since I saw that Tortuga was doing the ER event I looked it up because I've never heard of/been to Lone Star Park.

Google maps Satelite view was taken during an AutoX. You can see the course layout and two cars on the course XD
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote