Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
Midnight11
El Presidente

Yea well I couldn't tell you how it rode after. We put the Panhard bar and sway bar on then it got totaled testing it out 10 mins later lol

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #17
kanetrain

Can't go wrong with coilovers, panhard bar of course, and rear LCAs. Rides awesome.
Eibach coil over kit, adjustable panhard bar w/ rear LCAs, Hurst shifter, magnaflow cat-back exhaust, o/r x-pipe, 85mm tb, cai, tune, 3.73 rear end gears, gold plated cross drilled/slotted rotors, TSW 19inch wheels, nice big 305s on the rear.
kanetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #18
Toby

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Yea well I couldn't tell you how it rode after. We put the Panhard bar and sway bar on then it got totaled testing it out 10 mins later lol
ouch that sucks! Sway bars make a huge difference on these cars!
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
If I win the lottery, or at least a couple grand in a scratch off, I'm getting coilovers.

I think you'd be surprised what I can do on a set of coilovers price wise.
dallasmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
Midnight11
El Presidente

^which is? lol

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #21
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

PM me for the price.

Last edited by Midnight11; 08-30-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Till we sort out the sponsorship
dallasmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
89gt-stanger

After putting exhaust on, got soe bad wheel hop. Put on BMR's LCA's and relocation brackets on the middle hole. Almost none there after, and when the car shifts (auto) it hooks right up. Best suspension mod thus far.

Dylan
89gt-stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #23
Luke

Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
After putting exhaust on, got soe bad wheel hop. Put on BMR's LCA's and relocation brackets on the middle hole. Almost none there after, and when the car shifts (auto) it hooks right up. Best suspension mod thus far.

Dylan
Is your car lowered?
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #24
Eaglei532

I would say that there are two main causes of wheel hop on the newer GTs, but since none of you have worn out bushings yet, tires may be the culprit.

RIP Chris Kyle
Eaglei532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #25
46Tbird

The reason there is a lot of wheel hop on new GTs is because the lower control arms are flimsy pieces of shit. Planting the tires causes them to bend upward, reach the limit, and snap back straight, over and over... aka wheel hop. The Brembo cars have GT500 LCAs, which are better, but even then some people have serious wheelhop with them (I never have). Swapping LCAs is just about the best thing you can do on an S197 Mustang.
46Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #26
DirtyD

I'll eventually upgrade to some, but not until I go fatter meat out back. For now, I'm going to get a Freedom Racing Aluminum Adj. PHB from Jay @ Hypermotive and then some BMR springs.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #27
Fair

Howdy everyone - just found out about this forum today. Since I own a suspension shop here in DFW I figured I would post up in this thread.

I don't know much about the whole stance thing, and we don't sell Chinese coilovers, but I do know how to make an S197 Mustang handle on track or in an autocross, and still ride well on the street.

Come to think of it... I'm pretty sure we have the quickest road course or autocross S197 Mustang in all of Texas at the moment? I could be wrong - if there is a properly sorted AIX S197 in Texas I suspect it should be faster. My 2011 GT puts 3+ seconds a lap on the fastest American Iron racers, and it isn't a gutted, no-compromises race car - it is a street car that is emissions legal, has A/C, and is anything but light (3750 with driver). My wife daily drives it to work, but for race weekends we bolt on race wheels/tires and rear aero and race it in autocross or NASA Time Trials, among other events (Optima Challenge, Global Time Attack, TX2K, etc).

Vorshlag has a shop in Plano and we do some service and fabrication work on various late model chassis, including the S197 Mustang. We make our own camber/caster plates, plus we sell and stock Whiteline bushings/control arms/swaybars/watts, Powerflex bushings, Energy Suspension bushings, and AST and Moton coilovers. We made our own lightweight 18x10" wheels for the S197 and can order custom wheels from Forgestar up to 18x12" wide (which is what we use on our 2011 GT).

Come out to the Five Star Ford track event November 17th at Eagles Canyon Raceway (sign up here) and see for yourself. I'm pretty sure they will let us take riders, and if so, the right seat will be available all day.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #28
DirtyD

Welcome guys! In the next year or so, praying that everything goes well after my most recent strut fiasco, I hope to be putting coilovers on my car, and I might be paying y'all a visit.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #29
jayman33

I took off my roush/ kw coilovers, eibach sways and BBR LCA and installed whiteline sways, LCA and relo brackets along with Koni yellows, hotchkis springs and steeda camber strut mounts. Ill actually be going with the vorshlag cc plates later on due to steeda's limited adjustability. Next suspension mod is the whiteline watts link then that will be it until i find my next set of coilovers when i decide to track the car and when that happens ill be removing the whipple for a full livernois high revving longblock.

Drove the car for the first time today after swapping the suspension and replacing the entire exhaust, put on the SW headers with O/R xpipe and the magnaflow stainless street catback to keep the car relatively quiet. So far im pleased, the exhaust is actually quieter than my o/r x and bassani setup but i finally have zero drone and i love the SW exotic sound. The suspension is a little soft but the konis were on their softest setting and with the softer hotchkis springs was just a bit much. Ill dial it in a little more tomorrow, good thing i have VIR next weekend. Picking up a set of ADV1 forged wheels for the track and ill see how those hold up.

www.hypermotiveperformance.com
734-306-5231
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #30
jayman33

Fair, im a big fan of you guys. You guys heading up to NC anytime soon?

www.hypermotiveperformance.com
734-306-5231
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote