Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #31
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Well I understand the sponsorship but we are a club not a shop or company.

Think I'd rather go to a beach now anyways

I'm not trying to Hurt your feeling, but the cost for putting something like this on is huge. To rent a race track , pay for ambulance, paramedics, police, having the SCCA, 30+ employees, is not cheap. I have added on sponsors to help soften the cost of the rental but I will be lucky for there sponsorship to pay half of the cost.

Im sorry you feel I'm being unfair to charge you to sell t shirts, stickers, ect. But I have sponsors that have paid the right to do this and for me to allow you to do so with out paying would be unprofessional. I sent Steve a pm and told him to have you contact me if you guys are interested in being a part of this race to help promote this site. But I guess you would rather make this a public issue.

Again I'm sorry I can not give away what is being payed for by others to help make DFW have big races and events again in our own back yard.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #32
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Lets make this a fun positive thing. Clint is doing all the work to make the event happen and I think we should support him. This could turn into a really cool annual event bringing a fun event for us all to enjoy. I know everyone here wants a fun event to attend especially with FFW being such a failure these days. Besides how often do we get the chance to beat up on some Camaros? Usually they are sittingnaround comparing mullets rather than racing. Lol
Maybe we can get Clint to make us a side class for our list to make some progress with after beating onnthe Camaros gets boring. :-P
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #33
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Lets make this a fun positive thing. Clint is doing all the work to make the event happen and I think we should support him. This could turn into a really cool annual event bringing a fun event for us all to enjoy. I know everyone here wants a fun event to attend especially with FFW being such a failure these days. Besides how often do we get the chance to beat up on some Camaros? Usually they are sittingnaround comparing mullets rather than racing. Lol
Maybe we can get Clint to make us a side class for our list to make some progress with after beating onnthe Camaros gets boring. :-P
im grateful for clint setting this all up. I may have started it but I havent been involved for quite some time. Im glad this event is in such good hands. I hope this event becomes big and gets some national coverage. The new age of muscle cars in upon us and we need to take advantage of it.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #34
Rforbes

We will be checking out each others mullet out on Friday night because they are having a 3 hour Dukes of Hazzard marathon, but we will be there in force ready to race on Saturday. If the Northstar preview race was any indication, I dont think there is going to be a lot of beating on Camaros. He he
Rforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #35
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Rforbes View Post
We will be checking out each others mullet out on Friday night because they are having a 3 hour Dukes of Hazzard marathon, but we will be there in force ready to race on Saturday. If the Northstar preview race was any indication, I dont think there is going to be a lot of beating on Camaros. He he
Isn't Friday night date night with your sisters?

You know how to double the value of a Camaro? Fill up the gas tank!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #36
Rforbes

Isn't Friday night date night with your sisters?

You know how to double the value of a Camaro? Fill up the gas tank!
No Fridays nights are reserved for dates with your sisters.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #37
Grandpa
I> /\/\

No Fridays nights are reserved for dates with your sisters.
You're out of luck. My sister prefers guys with all of their teeth and a house that doesn't roll and a car that does. That leaves a Camaro guy out in every way. lol
Old 09-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #38
Rforbes

You're out of luck. My sister prefers guys with all of their teeth and a house that doesn't roll and a car that does. That leaves a Camaro guy out in every way. lol
Dont make fun of my house with wheels. I beat a mustang with it before. lol

Its all good man, I am stoked and it is going to be a lot of fun. I am trying to figure out how I am going to get a pit crew together to change out my tires to get in both events.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #39
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Dont make fun of my house with wheels. I beat a mustang with it before. lol

Its all good man, I am stoked and it is going to be a lot of fun. I am trying to figure out how I am going to get a pit crew together to change out my tires to get in both events.
Haha! It's all in fun bro. I'd be glad to help you if needed. I'll try not to "forget" to put all the lug nuts on.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #40
sasquash1984

As soon as my 3600 stall is done lol nothing but Yal seeing my tail lights
Old 09-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #41
Rforbes

Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
As soon as my 3600 stall is done lol nothing but Yal seeing my tail lights
Its ok to trash talk Squash if you can back it up! Here is hoping we dont go spinning half way down the track!.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #42
sasquash1984

That's what testing and tuning is for
Old 09-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #43
Rforbes

That's what testing and tuning is for
Well hurry up and get your car done and lets do it. I want to go to a 1/4 mile track. I have not been on one for over a year.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #44
sasquash1984

It's been 5 months
Old 09-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #45
Rforbes

It's been 5 months
Speaking of testing, I am planning on going out to Dallas Raceway on Friday night 9/20 for some very informal test runs if anyone would like to join. The more, the merrier.