Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #16
DirtyD

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
If you want I will set you up on the lunch break to have a mic to propose to the future misses in front of the whole crowd........
I would do that...but read the below response.

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
If she is into the car stuff that would be cool. If she isn't into the car thing you may get slapped lol
I'll put it this way.

Tucker (my lab) scratched the hell out of my center console the other day. So I'm taking the opportunity to paint it silver to match the steering wheel. Her first response was "It's going to look retarded. I don't get why you change all this stuff on our car in the first place..."

So that sums up how she feels about me and the car scene in general.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #17
downtime!

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I would do that...but read the below response. I'll put it this way. Tucker (my lab) scratched the hell out of my center console the other day. So I'm taking the opportunity to paint it silver to match the steering wheel. Her first response was "It's going to look retarded. I don't get why you change all this stuff on our car in the first place..."

So that sums up how she feels about me and the car scene in general.
This may be your first clue to go ahead and take my original advice. My car obsession is one of the reasons I'm no longer married. She kept thinking it was a phase I'd grow out of, knowing full well I'd been into cars since I could say the word. If she at least understands your obsession, you might be OK, if not, I can virtually guarantee you will have issues somewhere down the road.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #18
DirtyD

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
This may be your first clue to go ahead and take my original advice. My car obsession is one of the reasons I'm no longer married. She kept thinking it was a phase I'd grow out of, knowing full well I'd been into cars since I could say the word. If she at least understands your obsession, you might be OK, if not, I can virtually guarantee you will have issues somewhere down the road.
She understands it, but I think what gets her about it is that I tend to spend money on a lot of stupid things, including the car, when I don't really have the money to spend...that is the main issue. If I were better at that, and had the extra money to spend, I don't think it'd be a problem.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

My best marriage advice for a car guy - marry a girl into cars. If she isn't into them, get her involved. Otherwise it's going to kill your hobby or your marriage. I've seen it happen TON of times over the years. My wife likes cars (she has a Mach) but she knows/understands I'm obsessed with them and can't leave them alone. She has no problem with it as long as our other needs/obligations are met first. I used to be that guy who would spend every dime on my car and live off of Ramen soup if it meant the car would be faster. lol. But now, she practically has to force me to spend money on the car because ever since we got married and especially since we started having kids, I get serious buyers guilt for spending money on myself.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #20
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
My best marriage advice for a car guy - marry a girl into cars. If she isn't into them, get her involved. Otherwise it's going to kill your hobby or your marriage. I've seen it happen TON of times over the years. My wife likes cars (she has a Mach) but she knows/understands I'm obsessed with them and can't leave them alone. She has no problem with it as long as our other needs/obligations are met first. I used to be that guy who would spend every dime on my car and live off of Ramen soup if it meant the car would be faster. lol. But now, she practically has to force me to spend money on the car because ever since we got married and especially since we started having kids, I get serious buyers guilt for spending money on myself.
We've been dating for almost 6 years, and it hasn't really brought down any part of our relationship, other than the free money that I do get, I typically spend on my car...which is very little most of the time, or which I spend what I don't have. She has better money sense that I do as far as saving, so I think that is really her big problem about it.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #21
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
We've been dating for almost 6 years, and it hasn't really brought down any part of our relationship, other than the free money that I do get, I typically spend on my car...which is very little most of the time, or which I spend what I don't have. She has better money sense that I do as far as saving, so I think that is really her big problem about it.
My wife and I were together a long time before we got married too, trust me, marriage does change things. There has to be compromise on BOTH sides for it to work. Just talk to her about it and let her know it's important to you and not a phase you are going through, but a passion for you. If she gives you ANY grief about it now, it means she will have a much bigger problem with it later because she will always will put things before it which could cause a problem for you. Then you will have to make a decision between your marriage and your passion for cars which could ultimately lead to resentment later.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #22
re-rx7
Banned

She has no problem with it as long as our other needs/obligations are met first. I used to be that guy who would spend every dime on my car and live off of Ramen soup if it meant the car would be faster. lol. But now, she practically has to force me to spend money on the car because ever since we got married and especially since we started having kids, I get serious buyers guilt for spending money on myself.
qft X 100000 I feel and am the same exact way.

There has to be compromise on BOTH sides for it to work. .
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #23
sasquash1984

Here's more info from the Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/events/153341218196044/
Old 08-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #24
rriddle3

When a couple decides to marry, the man believes the woman will always be like she is now, and the woman thinks she can change the things she doesn't like about the man.

BOTH OF THEM ARE MISTAKEN.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #25
46Tbird

I might bring it out there and see what the ol' stocker can do.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'll be there to hang out and spectate.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #27
Midnight11
El Presidente

I'll be there to hang out and spectate.
No racing? Haha

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
No racing? Haha
At this point I don't want to lock myself into any racing. That is still a ways off still. I'm going to try some autocross stuff this fall with Ryan, but that will probably be the extent of any racing for me until January. The less I chance any breakage the better right now.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
re-rx7
Banned

If i go racing im going Karting. Im saving to buy one right now.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #30
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Is this post about marriage or a racing event?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote