Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #31
Joey289

I have been wanting to do the laps for charity in my 65 now that I have a transmission in it that I can cruise faster than 65 mph for extended periods of time (4:30 gears lol).
Joey289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #32
brtnstrns

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for updates on this. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Especially now since I've got a decent car that will hopefully be running/driving properly in the next couple months.

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #33
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

I'm down like four flat tires
Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #34
Slow6

Ill be out there this year if the car is finished. My issue not last year but the year before was the dumbass class arrangement. I had a basicly stock car with a procharger and I was thrown into the top teir class with full drag cars. I made a show of it but had my ass handed to me by the big boys. Traction is the biggest problem out there. The practice time is when you do the grudge racing. I was running some fast cars and beating them in practice but never got the run them in a race. Ill need to cover up the blowoff noise somehow and then I can run in a lower class and do good, or Ill need slicks to stay in the outlaw class.

No mods just stock. Trust me its slow.
Slow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #35
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by Slow6 View Post
Ill be out there this year if the car is finished. My issue not last year but the year before was the dumbass class arrangement. I had a basicly stock car with a procharger and I was thrown into the top teir class with full drag cars. I made a show of it but had my ass handed to me by the big boys. Traction is the biggest problem out there. The practice time is when you do the grudge racing. I was running some fast cars and beating them in practice but never got the run them in a race. Ill need to cover up the blowoff noise somehow and then I can run in a lower class and do good, or Ill need slicks to stay in the outlaw class.
Did you happen to do the show and shine thingy as well?
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #36
DirtyD

You don't want to race that black TurboS again!?!?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #37
Slow6

Yeah I did do the show and shine each time. Kinda a waste of money but whatever. I got kicked off the track, when you get to drive around the oval, because another car and I stopped on the back stretch and raced to about 140 then hit turn three and four at 120+. I had a small drift out of the middle of turn four that I thought was pretty cool but the track guys didnt think was. I still got to drag race that night but they didnt let me stay on the front stretch during the show. lol

Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #38
Slow6

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
You don't want to race that black TurboS again!?!?

That damn car was quick. I remember beating him once but thats was it. At the end of the track that guy had me by a few lengths. The skyline was fun to race but the CTS-V was actually not that fast for the power he was putting down.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #39
Courtesy Flush

Yeah I did do the show and shine each time. Kinda a waste of money but whatever. I got kicked off the track, when you get to drive around the oval, because another car and I stopped on the back stretch and raced to about 140 then hit turn three and four at 120+. I had a small drift out of the middle of turn four that I thought was pretty cool but the track guys didnt think was. I still got to drag race that night but they didnt let me stay on the front stretch during the show. lol
Yeah, i remember your car. During the drive around i recall you downshifting and doing short WOT bursts and generally revving the piss out of your motor. Im sure the spin out was the icing on the cake.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #40
Grandpa
I> /\/\

The turbo Porsche's are seriously under appreciated how fast those cars can be on the street. They dead hook and have some serious top end with very little mods.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #41
Slow6

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Yeah, i remember your car. During the drive around i recall you downshifting and doing short WOT bursts and generally revving the piss out of your motor. Im sure the spin out was the icing on the cake.
I wouldnt say I revved the piss out of the motor but I liked making noise with the Procharger.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #42
Courtesy Flush

a clip from the races last year
Im the 12 white 5.0

Slow 6-Don't take it the wrong way, but i have hard time believing you did any work on that turbo s. Maybe in practice, but that car made it the dictionary that night under examples of Rape.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #43
Slow6

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
The turbo Porsche's are seriously under appreciated how fast those cars can be on the street. They dead hook and have some serious top end with very little mods.
Yeah I think this one was stock but the guy could drive. He was cool about going again and again and again. lol

Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #44
Slow6

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post

a clip from the races last year
Im the 12 white 5.0

Slow 6-Don't take it the wrong way, but i have hard time believing you did any work on that turbo s. Maybe in practice, but that car made it the dictionary that night under examples of Rape.
Off the line through second we were dead even and then on the third shift he started pulling hard. In a 1/4 mile race he would have beat me by bus lengths. it was a very impressive car. But at that time I was only running 430rwhp. Not the 550rwhp on the E85 tune. I think I could have beat him pretty good on the E85 tune.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #45
Courtesy Flush

Off the line through second we were dead even and then on the third shift he started pulling hard. In a 1/4 mile race he would have beat me by bus lengths. it was a very impressive car. But at that time I was only running 430rwhp. Not the 550rwhp on the E85 tune. I think I could have beat him pretty good on the E85 tune.
Another 120hp is cool but, you need a slick.