Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #16
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Does it really matter if you lose or gain mid range power when you're racing you're above 6k rpms all the time?
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #17
Rebelracer568

If you read the whole thing shaun at aed says intake s are basically the same and believes the few extra hp come from the bigger throttle body and cai. I see this being true.the cobra jet tb is larger than our 80mm tb. Is it worth the money I personally dont think so. But drag racers want every little hp. I think its awesome intake but not worth the extra money
Rebelracer568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #18
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Rebelracer568 View Post
If you read the whole thing shaun at aed says intake s are basically the same and believes the few extra hp come from the bigger throttle body and cai. I see this being true.the cobra jet tb is larger than our 80mm tb. Is it worth the money I personally dont think so. But drag racers want every little hp. I think its awesome intake but not worth the extra money
Very fair assessment. What size throttlebody is on the JC? I didn't notice. Guessing 120mm?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

Id like to see results with a blower.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
My question is they are saying there was a gain in midrange tq/hp over the boss. However, the stock Im already makes more mid tq/hp then Boss. So are they just getting that back and a little more on top?
Ya i'd be interested to see how the CJ manifold stacks up against stock IM numbers and where it picks up power. The Boss manifold has shown time and again to lose power down range of 6500 rpms and only pick back up and add some from 6500+. Looks like the CJ manifold does the same with picking up more power at a lower power band but I'm interested where it will start making more power over the stock IM and how long / how much will it make over stock. Comparing it to just the boss IM isn't a great / full comparison to what can be had performance wise with the CJ manifold.

With that said I wonder if TS's Ported Boss Manifold can go toe to toe with a CJ manifold.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph

Last edited by Dan12GT; 09-02-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #21
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Ya i'd be interested to see how the CJ manifold stacks up against stock IM numbers and where it picks up power. The Boss manifold has shown time and again to lose power down range of 6500 rpms and only pick back up and add some from 6500+. Looks like the CJ manifold does the same with picking up more power at a lower power band but I'm interested where it will start making more power over the stock IM and how long / how much will it make over stock. Comparing it to just the boss IM isn't a great / full comparison to what can be had performance wise with the CJ manifold.

With that said I wonder if TS's Ported Boss Manifold can go toe to toe with a CJ manifold.
Couldn't we just compare the dyno chart with someone's dyno here of there bolt on dyno with a stock GT manifold? Plenty of people here have the same basic mods as the guy with the CJM.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #22
Dan12GT

Comparing 2 cars with similar mods isn't the best method. Using the same car, same day, same temps, same dyno, same atmospheric conditions would control the variations the best. I was just curious if TS essentially accomplished what the CJ IM did with a boss IM porting. Seems the CJ manifold and Boss manifold ported by TS find power sooner the same way.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
re-rx7
Banned

this
Comparing 2 cars with similar mods isn't the best method. Using the same car, same day, same temps, same dyno, same atmospheric conditions would control the variations the best. I was just curious if TS essentially accomplished what the CJ IM did with a boss IM porting. Seems the CJ manifold and Boss manifold ported by TS find power sooner the same way.
Id bet gd money its identical to stock to boss swap with a lil more up top at a higher rpm. No thanks.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #24
kdanner

You guys need to quit looking at/asking for dyno numbers and start looking at on track results. We don't race dynos. 180 MPH for me, and plenty of you saw wbt run tens from the very first pass with the manifold on the car in August on a track most of you guys say is no good. Those are real world results of what that manifold can do.

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Does it really matter if you lose or gain mid range power when you're racing you're above 6k rpms all the time?
You're above 6000 all the time huh? So, you shift your car as follows:

1-2 9000 RPM
2-3 8700 RPM
3-4 7700 RPM

Because that's the minimum RPM you're going to be making those shifts at to keep it above 6000. Either that or you're full of bullshit, again.

If you read the whole thing shaun at aed says intake s are basically the same and believes the few extra hp come from the bigger throttle body and cai.
Again, the short bus forum, his BS isn't put up with anywhere else. Shaun is the guy who couldn't make his own car run better with a Boss intake. Why would anyone listen to him?
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #25
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
You guys need to quit looking at/asking for dyno numbers and start looking at on track results. We don't race dynos. 180 MPH for me, and plenty of you saw wbt run tens from the very first pass with the manifold on the car in August on a track most of you guys say is no good. Those are real world results of what that manifold can do.

1-2 9000 RPM
2-3 8700 RPM
3-4 7700 RPM

Because that's the minimum RPM you're going to be making those shifts at to keep it above 6000. Either that or you're full of bullshit, again.

Again, the short bus forum, his BS isn't put up with anywhere else. Shaun is the guy who couldn't make his own car run better with a Boss intake. Why would anyone listen to him?
Jesus, he was say when your racing in the 1/4 or whatever that most of the time the car is above 6k rpm. Which is true. Look out we got a badass over here. Most dyno's show minimal gains with a boss in fact almost all. For a daily its pretty damn hard to beat the stock coyote IM. The difference even in the 1/4 is even minimal. Before you say "on the dyno who cares" Show me a bolt on car that made a significantly faster pass with the boss vs the Oem.

Last edited by re-rx7; 09-02-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #26
Rebelracer568

1-2 9000 RPM
2-3 8700 RPM
3-4 7700 RPM

I understand. People dont like forum. Heck there alot of bs on this forum. All I was stating is what I read on the link. No reason to get butt hurt over stating something. I dont believe half of stuff I read on forum cause most time people are full of it. Now I dont think there is a big difference between the to intakes. But its also a drag intake. Boss is designed for road racing. Hence BOSS intake. So the cobra jet intake will be better than boss for drag racing.
Rebelracer568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #27
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

1-2 9000 RPM
2-3 8700 RPM
3-4 7700 RPM

Yup I'm full of bullshit again. Fucking asshole maybe if you learn how to read correctly you might understand what I was saying.

Last edited by BLK2012GT; 09-02-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #28
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I would agree with that if it were nothing more than a dedicated track car. I think most of us use them more as an all around street car. i like the twisty backroads as well as drag racing so the low to midrange matters to me. I personally dont think that a street car with no low/midrange is a lot of fun on the street. It really comes down to how the owner plans to use their car.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #29
ochoblanco

1-2 9000 RPM
2-3 8700 RPM
3-4 7700 RPM

This...the AED koolaid drunk on this site is unreal. Typical SVTPERFORMANCE homers.

Chad
2012 PW Boss 302 #2550 - Current
2003 DSG Terminator #1410 - SOLD
2000 Black Lightning #4278 - SOLD
2007 RFP Mustang GT (Cammed/Procharged) - DEAD
ochoblanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #30
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I would agree with that if it were nothing more than a dedicated track car. I think most of us use them more as an all around street car. i like the twisty backroads as well as drag racing so the low to midrange matters to me. I personally dont think that a street car with no low/midrange is a lot of fun on the street. It really comes down to how the owner plans to use their car.
True but the "real racer guys who know everything about everything" says the only way to know what the improvements are is at the track so what's the point of the mid range gain or lost if you are racing it.