Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #31
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Main reason for a dd for me is to haul the family and that way I have something to drive when I break something on the mustang. Since I actually race mine it's only time before stuff breaks and when it does I like the option to take my time to fix it. Plus I would rather drive a pos in the rain /sleet/etc then my mustang
Agreed x100.

The little bit I got to drive my 5.0, I enjoyed it for the most part. It's a nice cruiser, good entry level sports car. Just not practical for me with a family being near impossible to get two cars seats into the rear and still everyone ride comfortably.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #32
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I never said the car was a POS.
I'm kidding. But I know that is the thought in most people's mind ("Why would you keep a Mustang?").

Ryan's post basically sums up my thoughts.

Last edited by DirtyD; 04-08-2014 at 10:36 AM.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm not sure what exactly you mean. Anyone who thinks I'm a Mustang hater of any kind clearly doesn't know me. I've probably owned more Stangs than anyone here on this board over the years. Just because I bought the V and selling my 5.0, doesn't make me a hater or anyone should assume I have a negative opinion of it. It just doesn't fit into my life right now with a family. I don't get the enjoyment out of the Stang because I'm not able to use it very often due to having two small kids with me 90% of the time. Getting car seats in and out of the back of a Stang is not easy nor enjoyable. I've had the car two years now and only been able to put 11k miles on it, most of those miles riding alone without my family.

That being said, I still won't be Mustang-less. I still have the Mach sitting here when I get the urge to row gears and hear the wonderful sound of a Mustang again. It's paid for and not being used. A blank canvas to go absolutely nuts with if I choose to do so. Also, if Ford does a Mach in the new S550 platform, we will be buying one. There will always be Mustangs in this family.

All of that being said, there is nothing wrong at all enjoying what else is out there being offered to enjoy. If someone want to hate on me for not being blind brand loyal, that is fine. I feel sorry for anyone who is so rabidly blindly brand loyal to a company that holds no loyality to them. It's short sighted not to enjoy anything cool and fast. I love my V and will make no apologies for it. It's a cool, fast, well handling car that I can enjoy every single day and still have room for my family.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #34
Crimson600+HP

^ truth
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #35
Clrd2lnd

Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
BMW/Mercedes luxury fleet. Audi owners seem to be exempt, as long as not riced out. While this crowd does drive fast, they will be damned if they ever get out of your way or that of any other common man. Blinker bulbs are pristine and never need replacing since they are never used.
^True^

Never seen a BMW run out of Blinker Fluid. Too much effort to reach three inches and push up or down on a plastic stick.
Clrd2lnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #36
fordplay

Dirty, yeah Steve called mine a slow pos also.. but he did roll up on me at a red light and ask for some grey poupon with 4 friends in the caddy all smoking cigars, before ripping the rear tires loose and running the red light thru traffic tossing out cans of ensure at on coming traffic..

Ha ha ha
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #37
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Dirty, yeah Steve called mine a slow pos also.. but he did roll up on me at a red light and ask for some grey poupon with 4 friends in the caddy all smoking cigars, before ripping the rear tires loose and running the red light thru traffic tossing out cans of ensure at on coming traffic..

Ha ha ha
Sorry. I pulled up to the light and saw you on the corner holding a cardboard sign..
Old 04-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #38
fordplay

Then why would I have grey poupon? The sign clearly said will suck gentlemen sausage for money!!
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #39
DirtyD

Ha ha ha

Hahahaha
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:28 AM   #40
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Then why would I have grey poupon? The sign clearly said will suck gentlemen sausage for money!!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #41
virtu

Have owned the Mustang for almost 2 years now and for the most part I've not had any problems with anyone giving me shit. Once in a blue moon I will have a slowmaro or coquette either rev their engine at me or worse, do a fly-by past me. Smh...
virtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #42
G-Mann

I think I deal with the same ole A-holes no matter what I drive but if I am in the 5.0 it brings more options to the table for me.

The 5.0 does warrant more respect on the road no doubt but it also sounds, looks and drives the part.

Everyone has their reasons for having a DD, sure mine is not as nice as my stang but it does bring some cool options to my table and is a great compliment to my 5.0. I had 3 years and 40k miles of daily driving fun in the 5.0, now I get to enjoy the stang when the weather is right and no rush hour traffic. A couple times a week is good enough for me. In 3 years one of them has got to go, not sure which 1 I am going to replace at this point, but if I replace the civic my next DD might be better than my 5.0.

Last edited by G-Mann; 04-13-2014 at 12:57 PM.
G-Mann is offline   Reply With Quote