Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Sponsors and Vendors > Whiteside Customs, Inc

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
Dan12GT

Not only are the custom tunes safer and more reliable but they also establish a name for the tuner / shop as well. You may not have made a bunch of money up front initially but I can guarantee if a tuner / shop does me right that first time I will keep coming back for more. Then you make more money in the end
Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Not only are the custom tunes safer and more reliable but they also establish a name for the tuner / shop as well. You may not have made a bunch of money up front initially but I can guarantee if a tuner / shop does me right that first time I will keep coming back for more. Then you make more money in the end
Exactly! Real customer service is so far and few between companies these days. That's why when I find places with great service, I stick with it. And I'm not talking about service that stops once they get my money either.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Our outlook is pretty simple. How would we build our own cars. What would our own expectations be of a custom shop. We're enthusiasts first, business second. Each car we take in becomes part of who we are. One of the biggest obstacles we have is letting the cars leave. That may sound weird but we grow to love each one we do. Each car is different and has it's own unique personality. Each owner's personality and vision is seen through the car. What we do is art. We aren't just throwing parts on a car. We are building someones dream and vision. It's all part of a theme. There's times when we have to sit down and really think about certain parts and if they really fit the vision of the car. There's times when certain parts don't really help with the end goal. Part of what makes us truly unique is being able to sit down with the customer and come up with a long term plan for the car. This helps us put together a parts list that goes with that goal. It saves the customer money in the long run by only selecting the parts along the way that go with the end goal. Some guys have the funds to do it all at once. Most do not. But we are all enthusiasts working towards making our cars unique. That's what makes the car hobby so cool. We find common ground with people we normally wouldn't in day to day life. I love this hobby and love what I do. I am truly blessed to be able to do this for a living.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by dallasmike View Post
Our outlook is pretty simple. How would we build our own cars. What would our own expectations be of a custom shop. We're enthusiasts first, business second. Each car we take in becomes part of who we are. One of the biggest obstacles we have is letting the cars leave. That may sound weird but we grow to love each one we do. Each car is different and has it's own unique personality. Each owner's personality and vision is seen through the car. What we do is art. We aren't just throwing parts on a car. We are building someones dream and vision. It's all part of a theme. There's times when we have to sit down and really think about certain parts and if they really fit the vision of the car. There's times when certain parts don't really help with the end goal. Part of what makes us truly unique is being able to sit down with the customer and come up with a long term plan for the car. This helps us put together a parts list that goes with that goal. It saves the customer money in the long run by only selecting the parts along the way that go with the end goal. Some guys have the funds to do it all at once. Most do not. But we are all enthusiasts working towards making our cars unique. That's what makes the car hobby so cool. We find common ground with people we normally wouldn't in day to day life. I love this hobby and love what I do. I am truly blessed to be able to do this for a living.
Man, that is so awesome to hear.I wish all shops did this! BIG props to you sir.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #20
Quake5.0

It's nice to see a shop that can provide the real thing, without all the drama and a HUGE drama queen 1/2 owner!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #21
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Quake5.0 View Post
It's nice to see a shop that can provide the real thing, without all the drama and a HUGE drama queen 1/2 owner!

Curious as to who you're referring to...
Old 09-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #22
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by dallasmike View Post
Curious as to who you're referring to...
If you aren't aware, then consider yourself lucky to be void of the drama. lol.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #23
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

How much for some flowmaster outlaw axleback for 2012 GT?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #24
kris@whitesidecustoms

I want a 2.9 Whipple w/ Crusher Inlet Mike
Old 02-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #25
JDBishopArts

I'd like to see what kind of deal you can make me on some 20" vossen cv3's in graphite with tires.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #26
JPC

idea I've been thinking about
Widen oem rims?
Stock 9" 2012 Boss 302 rim to 10" or 10.5" for the rear

jerry
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #27
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

They don't really respond back on this site that much.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.