Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Sponsors and Vendors > Whiteside Customs, Inc

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Default Name your product sale.

Here's how it works.

Name the product you're looking for. I'll do my best to get you the best price out there. Generally speaking we can beat just about anybody on nearly anything.

Some of our big brands are magnaflow, borla, whiteline, tsw, michelin, forgestar, BC Racing just to name a few.

What do you guys need or want?
Old 09-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

SCT programmers

GT500 mufflers

I'm on the fence still with CAI. But if I were to do one I think it would be a JLT.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Quake5.0

CAI and a REAL tune otherwise I am cool with not doing it. No offence to anyone I have seen some crappy tunes for in my mind stupid money for nothing. John Lund seems to be the guy so IDK on what really is local and honest!

Old 09-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Quake5.0 View Post
CAI and a REAL tune otherwise I am cool with not doing it. No offence to anyone I have seen some crappy tunes for in my mind stupid money for nothing. John Lund seems to be the guy so IDK on what really is local and honest!

Sean at TrueStreet is the best choice in the DFW area.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
downtime!

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Sean at TrueStreet is the best choice in the DFW area.
He's doing mine on the 12th.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

I can do the gt500 mufflers for 310 plus shipping. We don't offer programmers. We only do real tunes. I can do AFE power CAI for 299.99 plus shipping.

Local sales tax does apply.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Dan12GT

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Headlight-Kit

I'm looking to get specifically these exact headlights. Can you get these?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Headlight-Kit

I'm looking to get specifically these exact headlights. Can you get these?
I'll have to look into those. We can get the raxiom lights which are basically the same look. But these lights have subtle differences. They may be made specific for LMR.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
Dan12GT

Ya those ones are very similar to Raxiom's the key difference I can see is the lenses they use are clear with a black housing. I don't like how dark Raxiom's tinted ones are or the chrome ones.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Ya those ones are very similar to Raxiom's the key difference I can see is the lenses they use are clear with a black housing. I don't like how dark Raxiom's tinted ones are or the chrome ones.
Yeah I noticed that. I like the look. It seems these are built by raxiom specifically for LMR and they are exclusive through them.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
Quake5.0

So you can tune? No offence but I would like some sorta I idea what to expect. I know sean at truestreet is supposed to be the man in DFW! But I have heard from a few that they have got better tunes with a CAI other places. If I spend the money I really want the best!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

So you can tune? No offence but I would like some sorta I idea what to expect. I know sean at truestreet is supposed to be the man in DFW! But I have heard from a few that they have got better tunes with a CAI other places. If I spend the money I really want the best!
I believe, no matter what you do or how hard you try, you cannot baptize cats.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
dallasmike
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

To each their own. Most canned tunes are far from optimized. It's interesting for me to come into the ford world where canned tunes are considered the norm. In the GM world, canned tunes are considered to be the worst option. For the guys doing these canned tunes, it's big money. Get one car, add in some timing and fuel, take out some torque management, bump up shift pressures a bit, rinse and repeat. Where as with a custom tune, we take each individual car out and do driveability tuning, and then take it to the dyno and tweak each and every car to be optimized. Truth be told, you make far less money with custom tuning. It's much easier to sell a programmer and load a file rather than spending the time to do it right. But at the end of the day, I sleep better knowing I did it the right way and not the way that made me the most money.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by dallasmike View Post
To each their own. Most canned tunes are far from optimized. It's interesting for me to come into the ford world where canned tunes are considered the norm. In the GM world, canned tunes are considered to be the worst option. For the guys doing these canned tunes, it's big money. Get one car, add in some timing and fuel, take out some torque management, bump up shift pressures a bit, rinse and repeat. Where as with a custom tune, we take each individual car out and do driveability tuning, and then take it to the dyno and tweak each and every car to be optimized. Truth be told, you make far less money with custom tuning. It's much easier to sell a programmer and load a file rather than spending the time to do it right. But at the end of the day, I sleep better knowing I did it the right way and not the way that made me the most money.
Agreed 100%. Custom tune is the best and safest way to go. Having it tuned in the enviorment the car is intended to be driven in is the only way to accurately insure the car will run properly and safely.

Most canned tuners are file clickers, throw it together, send it out and hope for the best.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #15
jayman33

Originally Posted by dallasmike View Post
I like the way you think and, do business. Too many "tooners" out there that see the potential in making money. I'm glad we still have some tuners out there still willing to do the right thing. They exist don't get me wrong but not as much as they should.

www.hypermotiveperformance.com
734-306-5231