Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #511
Toby

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
you guys and your bad mixtures of fuel. remind me to not gas up in mckinney.
Hey Im just throwing out an idea. It has nothing to do with the gas station but more on having 2-3 gallons of 93 then putting 10 gallons of e85.. At that point you no longer have e85... I get fuel for my truck in mckinney with 0 issues.. I use race track and qt at 75 and 380. i regularly get 18-19 mpg from my truck.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #512
Toby

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing???
you guys and your bad mixtures of fuel. remind me to not gas up in mckinney.
?????
Old 08-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #513
kdanner

I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing??? Just curious as to why it did not perform. I have not rode in the car, but from my understanding of his and nicks race he was running away from him which shows he is making more steam. Even though their mph was pretty similar... just some food for thought.. we need to get a log of his car soon and see what is going on with it on the street..

What procedure is being used to empty the tank? I have a fitting on the fuel rail that I put a hose on and I run the car while that hose empties into a jug, until the car quits. I wondered about this same thing, how much fuel was left in the tank, so after doing this, I pulled the pump out to take a look. I was amazed how little is actually left. Between what was in the bucket around the pump, and what was left in the tank itself, it was maybe a cup of fuel left over. Was really nice to see that, better than I thought it would be.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #514
Toby

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
What procedure is being used to empty the tank? I have a fitting on the fuel rail that I put a hose on and I run the car while that hose empties into a jug, until the car quits. I wondered about this same thing, how much fuel was left in the tank, so after doing this, I pulled the pump out to take a look. I was amazed how little is actually left. Between what was in the bucket around the pump, and what was left in the tank itself, it was maybe a cup of fuel left over. Was really nice to see that, better than I thought it would be.
I can only assume he drives it as low as he feels comfortable then fills up and switches tunes..

But yes these systems are designed to empty as much fuel out as possible. Every time I empty on to install a fuel system, there is little to no fuel left in the bottom of the tank. Very good engineering!

It is kinda a pita to turn the fuel pump on manually, but I have made a couple tools that makes it pretty easy and quick so you dont have to run the car while the tank empties..
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #515
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Hey Im just throwing out an idea. It has nothing to do with the gas station but more on having 2-3 gallons of 93 then putting 10 gallons of e85.. At that point you no longer have e85... I get fuel for my truck in mckinney with 0 issues.. I use race track and qt at 75 and 380. i regularly get 18-19 mpg from my truck.
should'nt it be common sense for him to use up a full tank before racing on e85 to make sure theres no traces of 93 left. I think you guys make too many excuses for him.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #516
Toby

should'nt it be common sense for him to use up a full tank before racing on e85 to make sure theres no traces of 93 left. I think you guys make too many excuses for him.
I am making 0 excuses for him. Again as I said before, the car did not perform like it should. Go back and re-read my previous post.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #517
kdanner

It is kinda a pita to turn the fuel pump on manually, but I have made a couple tools that makes it pretty easy and quick so you dont have to run the car while the tank empties..
I've thought about doing that. If I had an extra dead FPDM I'd hack it up for the connector and make a harness that just plugs in place of the FPDM to run the pump.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #518
Midnight11
El Presidente

Again he makes a 100 more hp then me and has more mods he should have walked me

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #519
Toby

I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing??? Just curious as to why it did not perform. I have not rode in the car, but from my understanding of his and nicks race he was running away from him which shows he is making more steam. Even though their mph was pretty similar... just some food for thought.. we need to get a log of his car soon and see what is going on with it on the street..
Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
Again he makes a 100 more hp then me and has more mods he should have walked me
Noted
Old 08-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #520
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I already went through a tank of e85. So it was straight e85 in the car.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #521
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I already went through a tank of e85. So it was straight e85 in the car.
well i guess we can rule that out as an excuse.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #522
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

well i guess we can rule that out as an excuse.
Who's making excuse. If their dyno is off by 75-100 hp then I guess your car made 50-75 rwhp.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #523
Toby

well i guess we can rule that out as a cause.
Fixed that for you.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #524
Yagermeister

Whenever I switch fuels, I pull the fuel connector in the trunk and start the car and run it til dies then connect a gt500 fuel filter and hose to the fuel rail into a 5 gallon jug. I then have a tune to turn on just the fuel pump to drain the rest. Never have any problems.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #525
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

So what about this list...? Enough with what Jeff's car did or didn't do. We have literally wasted a stupid amount of time talking about it.