Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #16
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Apparently you do.. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #17
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Apparently you do.. lol.
I don't care they are having a dyno day. I'm wondering why you are promoting them when they left the site.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:01 PM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I don't care they are having a dyno day. I'm wondering why you are promoting them when they left the site.
Clint is my friend.

Car guys like to dyno their cars.

Its for a good cause. Collecting presents for kids who otherwise might not get anything if it wasnt for the kindness of others. Being one of those former kids being homeless a lot, this tugs on personal heart strings. Sue me.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #19
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I said it was a good cause
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:18 PM   #20
BERT
I love tube socks

Jeff....... SHUT. UP.

You and the sheeple on fb is tiresome. Let it go. And no, none of my cars have ever been to TS
Old 11-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #21
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Um first no I won't shut up. Second you get tired of hearing everyone being right? And third why promote a shop that left this site cause they knew what they were doing was wrong? HPP is doing a toys for tots dyno day but don't see that being mentioned. I'm sure there is a lot of places doing the samething yet let's promote a shop that has fucked people in the past and left this site cause they didn't want to pay. Hell they didn't pay a dime to the site anyways. They became a sponsor for free.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #22
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

But anyways you guys are bothering me now, I'm going to watch We were soldiers. Have a good night.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:32 PM   #23
BERT
I love tube socks

Um first no I won't shut up. Second you get tired of hearing everyone being right? And third why promote a shop that left this site cause they knew what they were doing was wrong? HPP is doing a toys for tots dyno day but don't see that being mentioned. I'm sure there is a lot of places doing the samething yet let's promote a shop that has fucked people in the past and left this site cause they didn't want to pay. Hell they didn't pay a dime to the site anyways. They became a sponsor for free.

Steve has already answered that for you. Cause him and Clint are friends. That's the only answer he needs to give. If you and your kiddie followers dont want to go, then don't go.
I'm sure if Steve and manny were friends he would have HPP's posted up

And it has nothing to do with y'all being right. It has to do with sifting through 130 worthless post to read 10 useful post.

We're the same age, I think we're too old for that shit lol
Old 11-20-2014, 11:34 PM   #24
BERT
I love tube socks

But anyways you guys are bothering me now, I'm going to watch We were soldiers. Have a good night.

Well, at least my part is working LOL
Goodnight, Jeff. We still got some longhorn shit to talk about if we're ever in the same place
Old 11-20-2014, 11:44 PM   #25
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I dont have anything to do with HPP so i would have no clue what events they are doing. If they are, post it up by all means. Then I can go in that thread and talk about the half dozen motors and dozen transmission they blew on Foof. Lol.

And TS did not become a sponsor for free. Nic traded some stuff for his car in return for sponsorship.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #26
BlackStang08

Since you guys are on the subject what happened with true street?
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:05 AM   #27
NAVAG

Dyno Day Sunday will probably be full of 5.0 guys that spent the last several months smearing TS all over facebook.

Anytime you decide to modify your system in order to operate outside of its design parameters there is a probability of failure. I have no opinion because I haven't done business with them. But I know a couple of people who have and they haven't had any bad experiences. Plus I'm not exactly pushing the envelope with the few minor bolt-ons that I have so the probability of blowing my shit up would not be as high as most people. But that's the risk I take by strapping it to a dyno in the first place.

I'd go just to look at cars, meet people, and donate a toy for a good cause if I didn't already have plans. I was planning on going when I heard about it a couple of weeks ago because it was supposed to be on Saturday but was moved because of the weather.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:08 AM   #28
NAVAG

I don't remember HPP dyno day toys for tots being plugged here or facebook. Wish I knew.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #29
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
I don't remember HPP dyno day toys for tots being plugged here or facebook. Wish I knew.
It's all over facebook.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #30
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
Dyno Day Sunday will probably be full of 5.0 guys that spent the last several months smearing TS all over facebook.

Anytime you decide to modify your system in order to operate outside of its design parameters there is a probability of failure. I have no opinion because I haven't done business with them. But I know a couple of people who have and they haven't had any bad experiences. Plus I'm not exactly pushing the envelope with the few minor bolt-ons that I have so the probability of blowing my shit up would not be as high as most people. But that's the risk I take by strapping it to a dyno in the first place.

I'd go just to look at cars, meet people, and donate a toy for a good cause if I didn't already have plans. I was planning on going when I heard about it a couple of weeks ago because it was supposed to be on Saturday but was moved because of the weather.
Well said, sir.