Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
Dan12GT

Default Fort Worth Meet (BJs), Bringing the 'F' to d-F-w-50s

Since the Dallas guys don't seem to want budge from their meets on the east part of town and it seems like we have several in the Fort Worth area that are looking for a closer meet, I know I am. So I wanted to make this an official meet for us.

We are looking to do this meet every Wednesday Night @ 7pm.
The first meetup will start this coming Wednesday night @ 7pm 1/29/14.

We are going to start out meeting at the BJs at the Alliance Shops off Heritage Trace Blvd. Right off of 35W, on the north bound side of 35W. You can see BJs from the highway.

Address:
BJ'S Restaurants Inc
9401 Sage Meadow Trail
Fort Worth, TX 76177

Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/preview/...af5e013f0579af

Depending on how well this meet does we will keep it here for now. If we have to end up moving offsite a bit due to turnout size that is fine. This particular area has a A LOT of parking so I think we will do pretty well in the infant stages.

Of course I have to mention. No burnouts, excessive engine revving, or jack ass behavior will be tolerated. This is a meet up with the mindset for us to get to know each other. Let us respect the local business as well so we can continue to meet.

Depending on how many people we have come out as well I may consider giving the restaurant manager a call to give them a heads up.

Can't wait to see yall there! I'll try to get there a tad early to secure some parking in the back of the lot facing the restaurant entrance.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
DirtyD

We need an admin to add this to the weekly meet thread.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
Dan12GT

I am also open for any suggestions as well but it seems the general conciseness on the Facebook page agrees with this.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
Courtesy Flush

Its no wonder Dallas people would not attend these meets.
Tarrant county is a mess.
I live in Keller and work in Coppell. It takes me an hour to get home leaving the office at 5-5:15pm.
Then have to fight 377 or 820 afterwards..haha no thank you.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
Dominic Toretto

I'd love to make it out. I'm not far from there from my job but, I get off work at 4pm. I can maybe pull that if Frank doesn't mind me hanging around his shop for awhile lol.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
I live in Keller and work in Coppell. It takes me an hour to get home leaving the office at 5-5:15pm.
Pretty much. It's a shame too because there is actually a lot to do over there, it's just not worth fighting all that traffic for it.

Besides, the best meet in DFW is here in north Dallas on Friday nights for over a decade in the same location. No other meet anywhere in Texas can make that claim.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Same can be said for us trying to make the stuff on the east parts of town. The coit meet is 40-50 miles one way for most of us.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #8
Dan12GT

Also if we have any folks more towards the central / east part of town this place is really easy to get to. 114 all the way to 35 and the meet is just about 5 miles south or branch off to 170 and its within a few miles.

There is no dealing with 820/377 unless you are coming up from the further south parts of Fort Worth. This meet is designed to be removed from some of the terrible traffic locations.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I think a good idea would be have a once a month meet on a Saturday night somewhere in the midcities.

Strokd has a friend who owns So Cal Taco shop in Grapevine that I'm sure would be happy to host a once a month GTG for us. I think Grapevine would be a good half way point for everyone and easy enough to get to.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #10
DirtyD

Yeah, the traffic is the absolute killer part about it. 7 PM isn't a bad meeting time. Most of the traffic is died down.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #11
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I think a good idea would be have a once a month meet on a Saturday night somewhere in the midcities.

Strokd has a friend who owns So Cal Taco shop in Grapevine that I'm sure would be happy to host a once a month GTG for us. I think Grapevine would be a good half way point for everyone and easy enough to get to.
That's fine you can start your own meet then once a month for something like that.

This meet is more tailored for the west of town folks really. Anybody is welcome to come too from any part of town; if they want to make the drive. I just know a lot of people's pain in coming out to meets from the Fort Worth area to the east parts of town.

This is by no means supposed to complete with Coit or something like that. This is just an opportunity for local members to meet each other and hang out.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #12
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Yeah, the traffic is the absolute killer part about it. 7 PM isn't a bad meeting time. Most of the traffic is died down.
I think so too. I've been out to this area several times since I've lived in this part of town and traffic is pretty decent at that time. We can always modify meeting times if we need to.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #13
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
That's fine you can start your own meet then once a month for something like that.

This meet is more tailored for the west of town folks really. Anybody is welcome to come too from any part of town; if they want to make the drive. I just know a lot of people's pain in coming out to meets from the Fort Worth area to the east parts of town.

This is by no means supposed to complete with Coit or something like that. This is just an opportunity for local members to meet each other and hang out.

Tsk, tsk.

It was just a side idea to bring both sides of the metroplex together to fix your complaint about Dallas side not making it over there. Wasn't trying to intrude on your idea. Not like I've had any success building up a meet or anything. Carry on with your idea that 6 cars will show up to.. lol
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #14
Dominic Toretto

Grapevine is good spot as well.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #15
Darkhelmet22

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post

This.

Also I think we may have 8-9 cars show up. ;-) lol

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote