Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
03MachMe

Default Autocross This Sunday 8/4/13

I know its late notice but I just looked at the website yesterday. I was not planning on competing this week but this week happens to be the Gun and Hoses event. For those who do not know Guns and Hoses is a charity that helps the families of police officers and fire fighters who have paid the ultimate price. There will be a team of 4 police officers against a team of 4 fire fighters for bragging rights. I am trying to get in on the competition but if I am not able to I will probably still run my car since the money goes to a good cause. Here is a little more info about the meet. It will be in Mesquite at their memorial stadium. Yes I know its going to be hot, and its early in the morning but it is worth it for the cause. Plus if we can get a group to go it will be even more fun to compete against each other. Hope to see a few of you out there.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Adam

That's a hell of a drive for me but I might be in.
2013- PW GT, MF street AB, AED tune, jlt cai,Lethal o/r x-pipe, gt500 spoiler, Barton bracket, koni yellows, ground control camber plates,steeda sport springs, whiteline PHB, whiteline sway bars,whiteline brackets, whiteline UCA & LCA, DSS driveshaft.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
brtnstrns

I was going to do this since I had to bail out of the last one but I'm going to Abilene this weekend. Damnit.

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
03MachMe

Bump come on someone wants to do this!!

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 08-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'd love to do it, but it's going to be WAY too hot to be beating on the car let alone standing around in the heat.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
03MachMe

You act like your car can't take it. The runs last less than 45 sec Then like 30 min till you go again. Just sounds like excuses to me...

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 08-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
brtnstrns

Damnit man, sorry to leave you hanging. I would for sure be out there if I wasn't going out of town this weekend. We definitely need to get a crew out there but I guess we'll have to wait till its cooler outside for these old farts

I'm definitely going to make the September one if I don't have to be out of town again.

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #8
03MachMe

Yea I was planning on waiting but then noticed the guns abs Hoses and couldn't pass it up

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #9
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I'd love to do it, but it's going to be WAY too hot to be beating on the car let alone standing around in the heat.
^this well said^
Old 08-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
Midnight11
El Presidente

yea ford never tested these cars and they cant handle heat....

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #11
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
yea ford never tested these cars and they cant handle heat....
Im sure the car is fine, Steve and I are from CALI, FUCK this heat...
Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Im sure the car is fine, Steve and I are from CALI, FUCK this heat...
LOL, very true. Regardless if Ford tested these cars or not, these motors have proved themselves to be questionable at best at what they can withstand. I'd rather push my luck in miserable heat and just wait until later in the year when it cools down. My 93 Cobra lived for a long time at 540rw which is beyond what most people believe the stock blocks are good for because I treated it well and didn't beat the snot out of it. There is a time and place for it and when the heat index is 110+ right now, I don't think it's a good time for that. But that's just my opinion.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #13
03MachMe

Name one car that has had problems because it was too hot outside... These cars will be just fine in hot weather for a short 45 burst where your braking for half that anyways. If its too hot for you that's one thing but don't say it's because your car can't run in the heat. I will be working the night before, getting off work at 7am then heading straight over there to race so all your excuses are invalid. If I can make it anyone can. Just say you don't want to go don't make it sound like you would actually go if it wasn't for one thing or another.

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #14
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Name one car that has had problems because it was too hot outside... These cars will be just fine in hot weather for a short 45 burst where your braking for half that anyways. If its too hot for you that's one thing but don't say it's because your car can't run in the heat. I will be working the night before, getting off work at 7am then heading straight over there to race so all your excuses are invalid. If I can make it anyone can. Just say you don't want to go don't make it sound like you would actually go if it wasn't for one thing or another.
We just have different opinions on it. Yes, the car would be more than likely fine but I'd rather not take the chance. I'm not racing the car at all or making any WOT pulls what-so-ever due to not being in a financial position to take the chance of breaking the car. If I break the car right now, it will be sitting a long time before I can fix it. I don't think it's very cool of you to say I'm making exuses for something other than what I am saying or telling me my opinion is invalid because the event is not as important to me as it is to you because it's what you are into. When it cools down, I will definitely give it a try though. Danny popped a stock motor'd car with a stock tune so it's a very valid concern.