Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
Fonzy7189

Default Suspension Popping

So, a little back story, I have SVE lowering springs on the car, and have had them for a couple months now so they should be settled in. The car rides great, but at low speeds the springs pop REEEALLY bad. I re-used the stock strut mounts, could that be the issue? Is there an issue, or am I just paranoid?
Fonzy7189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
JDMLOL

Yes, it is your stock strut mounts. They are very weak and are not meant for lowering springs. Upgrade to cc plates or gt500 mounts and new struts. That should fix the problem.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Yes, it is your stock strut mounts. They are very weak and are not meant for lowering springs. Upgrade to cc plates or gt500 mounts and new struts. That should fix the problem.

What he said
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
downtime!

Interesting. So I assume it makes a difference on how low you go? I reused all the stock stuff when we did the Eibachs (Pro Kit) and have never had a single noise once. They've been on the car nearly 3 years now.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
JDMLOL

I've heard of people having the popping problem on lowered cars with factory mounts. My mounts literally fell apart when I installed my springs.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
Darkhelmet22

Make sure the top strut nut is tight. Use an impact, if it's not tight they will pop nasty.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #7
Adam

What he said^^
2013- PW GT, MF street AB, AED tune, jlt cai,Lethal o/r x-pipe, gt500 spoiler, Barton bracket, koni yellows, ground control camber plates,steeda sport springs, whiteline PHB, whiteline sway bars,whiteline brackets, whiteline UCA & LCA, DSS driveshaft.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote