Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #106
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Hey Clint/Tim - Has a schedule of the days events been released yet? I'm trying to plan the day out.
Event starts at 8:00, I will post the schedule as soon as I can. Should be by the end of the day tomorrow. But if you plan on running this event I would plan on being there at 8:00. Its going to be busy and we are going to be running the event as close to the schedule as possible. being there late might not be a good idea if your going to race.

And you are going to race

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #107
DirtyD

Last I heard Jared was "retired" from RKC , organizing events and his site is pretty much dead. I haven't looked at anything RKC related in over a year or more so I don't know if its true or not.

Besides, who cares who's idea it was or what not. As long as it's a good event and run properly is all that counts.

I sent Clint a PM offering to volunteer to help. The PM went unanswered. If Jared is involved I can see why it went unanswered. It's all good though. I'm going to go, the wife is going as well so we can have a fun day of car stuff. Hopefully this heat will go away so it will be nice and cool outside.
Weather should be great.

As far as I know, there is, or was, a RKC Monday meet, but IDK if it died out already or not.

He says he is strictly involved via publicity only. That's all.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #108
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Chain yanking. We were giving Jared hell on Facebook because he thinks that the event was completely his and Clint's idea (not getting on Clint). He was like "I designed the flyer, we discussed all this while I was in his office...I'm the one advertising...Clint is paying for it out of his pocket, so it's his event."

Being the typical tool.

I simply said that you should check all the engines since you know almost all of them tech wise, and because I thought you weren't racing.
Jared is Jared, Some hate him some put up with him and some like him. I like Jared just fine and I needed a flyer put together win win for what I needed. Take it for what it is but that is all there was too it

Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #109
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
Event starts at 8:00, I will post the schedule as soon as I can. Should be by the end of the day tomorrow. But if you plan on running this event I would plan on being there at 8:00. Its going to be busy and we are going to be running the event as close to the schedule as possible. being there late might not be a good idea if your going to race.

And you are going to race
Ok cool. I've been thinking about trying out the autocross. Just depends if it works out scheduling wise. I want the wife to go with me and our babysitter is only available from morning until mid afternoon. I'll just have to play it by ear. Thanks for replying!

Weather should be great.

As far as I know, there is, or was, a RKC Monday meet, but IDK if it died out already or not.

He says he is strictly involved via publicity only. That's all.

Jared is Jared, Some hate him some put up with him and some like him. I like Jared just fine and I needed a flyer put together win win for what I needed. Take it for what it is but that is all there was too it
It's all good. I hold no ill feelings towards Jared. I wish him the best of luck.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #110
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Last I heard Jared was "retired" from RKC , organizing events and his site is pretty much dead. I haven't looked at anything RKC related in over a year or more so I don't know if its true or not.

Besides, who cares who's idea it was or what not. As long as it's a good event and run properly is all that counts.

I sent Clint a PM offering to volunteer to help. The PM went unanswered. If Jared is involved I can see why it went unanswered. It's all good though. I'm going to go, the wife is going as well so we can have a fun day of car stuff. Hopefully this heat will go away so it will be nice and cool outside.
Don't know anything about Jared ricekiller site, He was inlisted to build a flyer and spread the word. Nothing more or less

As far as the PM on helping there is a great chance I will need your help Steve. I promise I am not ignoring you my friend, This event has become a full time job in its self. Between running my shop, handing all the moving parts of making this event work, promoting it, t-shirts, trophies, and two new babies at home. Man I and losing my mind lol......

I will call you later if you are still interested in helping. But I would rather you race, You car runs good and your a good driver. Team ford needs you!!!!

Old 09-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #111
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Don't know anything about Jared ricekiller site, He was inlisted to build a flyer and spread the word. Nothing more or less

As far as the PM on helping there is a great chance I will need your help Steve. I promise I am not ignoring you my friend, This event has become a full time job in its self. Between running my shop, handing all the moving parts of making this event work, promoting it, t-shirts, trophies, and two new babies at home. Man I and losing my mind lol......

I will call you later if you are still interested in helping. But I would rather you race, You car runs good and your a good driver. Team ford needs you!!!!
It's all good my friend. The wife is going to go now that I'm not going to work the event, so my time will be limited due to the babysitter availability. You know how it goes with the little ones, gotta take what time you can get! haha.

As I said above, I'm considering the autocross event if time allows for it. I'm not going to bother with drag racing this turd though. lol
Old 09-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #112
JDBishopArts

Chain yanking. We were giving Jared hell on Facebook because he thinks that the event was completely his and Clint's idea (not getting on Clint). He was like "I designed the flyer, we discussed all this while I was in his office...I'm the one advertising...Clint is paying for it out of his pocket, so it's his event."

Being the typical tool.

I simply said that you should check all the engines since you know almost all of them tech wise, and because I thought you weren't racing.
I thought it was Dale's idea? Clint and TS just manned up and put it together. Which they are doing an awesome job of by the way.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #113
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
I thought it was Dale's idea? Clint and TS just manned up and put it together. Which they are doing an awesome job of by the way.
It was. Dale and Rick Scott (I think that's his name) from the Camaro board started the brain storming. But it was outside of their financial ability to put on a decent event.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #114
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Being the typical tool.

I keep hearing multiple story's on how this event was started. the facts are Dale organized a "crashing" of a Camaro sites Camaro only car show. Dale brought more mustangs to the show than Camaros (what I Was told, I was not there or a part of this)

Some of the Camaros got mad and made a bit of a seen (again what I was told)

Dale and many of the DFW50 members got on there Camaro only web site and offered a call out to meet at northstar Drag way for a DFW50 vs Camaro web site (sorry I don't know the name of the camaro web site, I was not involved in this web site faceoff)

I contacted Dale about a Idea I had to have a big race at a 1/4 mile track with a auto cross event and maybe a brake challenge (brake challenge did not work out). I asked Dale to stop by and he did. I talked to Dale about doing to same thing Jared is doing (before I talked to jared), Build a flyer, Video ect. It did not work out for me and Dale to come together on this event.

As far as the starting of this event, These event are very far apart from what Dale had organized Mustang Web Site vs a Camaro Web site. Not sure how there event went (I was not there) But from what I understand it was line em up and race 1/8 mile. Nothing wrong with that, Good times for sure.

My idea of this race is just what it is, 1/4 mile racing, Autocross racing, Car show. I do not want to take credit for what Dale put on with Mustang Web site Vs Camaro Web Site. But at the same time I don't want it being misunder stood that I stole this idea from anyone.

I told Dale my idea before the race he organized. Dale told me his idea and what he was going to do as far as putting on a race at North Star. I told Dale I was going to push forward with the Race I was going to have and I would let him know when I needed his help. That did not work out for me and dale on this go around, But I do plan on working with dale some day soon once we have talked.

I have seen all these post dropping hints about how this event started. I have kept my side of the story to my self since I don't care if anyone knows who started this or not, this was not the point for me to get credit or not. Putting on a good event, even matched up for street cars and race cars alike is the only goal in this. But based on how this is starting to come out that this whole event was someone else idea and I took the idea and ran with it is completely false......

There was a mustang web site that challenged a Camaro web site and yes there meeting at a track and racing happened first. But my event and Dales event Share liked cars (Mustangs and Camaros) But my event is nothing like the event that was staged and preformed by Dale.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #115
DirtyD

I keep hearing multiple story's on how this event was started. the facts are Dale organized a "crashing" of a Camaro sites Camaro only car show. Dale brought more mustangs to the show than Camaros (what I Was told, I was not there or a part of this)

Some of the Camaros got mad and made a bit of a seen (again what I was told)

Dale and many of the DFW50 members got on there Camaro only web site and offered a call out to meet at northstar Drag way for a DFW50 vs Camaro web site (sorry I don't know the name of the camaro web site, I was not involved in this web site faceoff)

I contacted Dale about a Idea I had to have a big race at a 1/4 mile track with a auto cross event and maybe a brake challenge (brake challenge did not work out). I asked Dale to stop by and he did. I talked to Dale about doing to same thing Jared is doing (before I talked to jared), Build a flyer, Video ect. It did not work out for me and Dale to come together on this event.

As far as the starting of this event, These event are very far apart from what Dale had organized Mustang Web Site vs a Camaro Web site. Not sure how there event went (I was not there) But from what I understand it was line em up and race 1/8 mile. Nothing wrong with that, Good times for sure.

My idea of this race is just what it is, 1/4 mile racing, Autocross racing, Car show. I do not want to take credit for what Dale put on with Mustang Web site Vs Camaro Web Site. But at the same time I don't want it being misunder stood that I stole this idea from anyone.

I told Dale my idea before the race he organized. Dale told me his idea and what he was going to do as far as putting on a race at North Star. I told Dale I was going to push forward with the Race I was going to have and I would let him know when I needed his help. That did not work out for me and dale on this go around, But I do plan on working with dale some day soon once we have talked.

I have seen all these post dropping hints about how this event started. I have kept my side of the story to my self since I don't care if anyone knows who started this or not, this was not the point for me to get credit or not. Putting on a good event, even matched up for street cars and race cars alike is the only goal in this. But based on how this is starting to come out that this whole event was someone else idea and I took the idea and ran with it is completely false......

There was a mustang web site that challenged a Camaro web site and yes there meeting at a track and racing happened first. But my event and Dales event Share liked cars (Mustangs and Camaros) But my event is nothing like the event that was staged and preformed by Dale.
Again, what I've said was how I understood everything to have gone down. That it went from a brainstorm idea, to being planned out, and then, as I understood it, TS was given the reins to help make it a bigger and better event. Never did I state that the idea was stolen by TS, but they were in fact helping. I'm not trying to dismiss anyone else, or down talk anyone else. That's just how myself, and a good number of others, I'm sure, understood this to have gone from what it was to what it is. I never knew you had a similar idea you were already thinking about, much less the fact they were largely quite different in terms of contents.

Last edited by DirtyD; 09-25-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #116
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I would hope no one really cares about this lil petty nonsense. I'm just grateful you've picked up the ball to run with it to make something happen. More events like this are needed, especially with FFW being the miserable failure that it is these days. Do your thing Clint, don't worry about BS that doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Let's have a fun event everyone!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #117
Rforbes

Yeah, Dale started this whole thing with our group. LSC. It was a fun little rivalry that has grown quite a bit due to Clint's help in organizing the event which I personally appreciate. This was not Jarrod's brainstorm but I guess he is involved with promoting it which I think any promotion is good but it all started with Dale and Scott. (Captain Pooty) , I am Rick.
I am just looking forward to a great day of racing, seeing other cars and having a good time.
Rforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #118
JDBishopArts

Yeah, I hope that what I said wasn't out of line or taken improperly.

I was just saying that I thought it was Dales idea from the get go. Clint and TS stepped in and took it to the next next next level. Which is good for everyone.

I don't think TS has done anything to try to claim otherwise I just like to make sure credit is given to the little guys too. It was more of a shot at anyone trying to claim it was all their idea, if there was anyone. If so, I haven't seen TS do it.

It's going to be a great event. Mainly due to TS and supporting sponsors.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #119
DirtyD

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Yeah, I hope that what I said wasn't out of line or taken improperly.

I was just saying that I thought it was Dales idea from the get go. Clint and TS stepped in and took it to the next next next level. Which is good for everyone.

I don't think TS has done anything to try to claim otherwise I just like to make sure credit is given to the little guys too. It was more of a shot at anyone trying to claim it was all their idea, if there was anyone. If so, I haven't seen TS do it.

It's going to be a great event. Mainly due to TS and supporting sponsors.
^This is all I was trying to say.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #120
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Again, what I've said was how I understood everything to have gone down. That it went from a brainstorm idea, to being planned out, and then, as I understood it, TS was given the reins to help make it a bigger and better event. Never did I state that the idea was stolen by TS, but they were in fact helping. I'm not trying to dismiss anyone else, or down talk anyone else. That's just how myself, and a good number of others, I'm sure, understood this to have gone from what it was to what it is. I never knew you had a similar idea you were already thinking about, much less the fact they were largely quite different in terms of contents.
again there are no hard feeling and don't want anyone feeling my post is directed at them. The only reason I am posting my side my side of the story so there is no misunderstanding of this event and how it was put together. Don't want anyone having the idea this race was put together by someone else and I took it over.