Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #496
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Oh and thanks for not sending to me cause I really did want to see about my shifting. But it's all good.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #497
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Yup pretty much. But I need to learn how to drive. At the track he's I need to relearn my shit. On the street is totally different.
Really no video? Why cause you told your new roomie to delete it. You know damn well he was filming with his phone.
Let it die Jeff, there is no reason to contunie to make fights. They are ready to move on but if you contunie to give them shit they will do the same. If you don't mind everybody gang banging you then contunie to Push there buttons.....

I would chose to let the drama die, to stressful and no fun to get on the forums and read

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #498
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Alright man I'm done.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #499
kdanner

Lol hell I could post the fastest timeslips and these pussies still won't put me up there cause I don't talk nice to them and say I'm slow and shit. Pssssh
If I were you, that's exactly what I would do. I have the reputation of not talking nice to people either. In the end someone on a forum somewhere is going to pick at it anyway, no matter what you do. I get lameass excuses all the time like:

your track hooks better than mine
my track is 6" longer than yours (as if that makes some huge difference even if true)
you had a VP plastic jug there, so obviously you are using that FTW fuel
you have a super light race car(never mind things like roll bars and me, the 280lb driver)
you have full suspension(not even sure what that means)
you were trained by one of the best tuners in the world
I could go on and on........

Just put up good numbers on a slip, and to hell with the little shits who try to dispute anything then.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #500
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Not to base it ALL on timeslips - just to base the INITIAL RANKING. It would just seem weird to put one car over another even though it had never been down a track. Besides, if it's really a fast car, it will work it's way through the slow cars no problem.
Exactly!

Yup pretty much. But I need to learn how to drive. At the track he's I need to relearn my shit. On the street is totally different.
Agreed. It's easy to roll race these cars at this power level on the street. Not much to it. But launching a stick car at the track takes skill and finesse. Look at 46tbird. He's got it down and going quick with a STOCK car. I wish I could get some time with him and learn from him. I'll learn from anyone who has something to teach me, even though he's a jerk to me. lol.

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
Let it die Jeff, there is no reason to contunie to make fights. They are ready to move on but if you contunie to give them shit they will do the same. If you don't mind everybody gang banging you then contunie to Push there buttons.....

I would chose to let the drama die, to stressful and no fun to get on the forums and read
Exactly sir. It's done and over with. Now its time to go forward and everyone to get to the top of their game. Jeff going fast on motor just encourages me to want to do more. It's suppose to be fun!

Alright man I'm done.
Thank ya sir.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #501
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I'm not done, I'm fixing my tach this week and I'm gunning for slow grey GT
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #502
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I'm not done, I'm fixing my tach this week and I'm gunning for slow grey GT
Oh, so you want a shot at the #50 spot on the list, eh? Bring that museum piece on Roonie Dandles!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #503
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Oh, so you want a shot at the #50 spot on the list, eh? Bring that museum piece on Roonie Dandles!!!
That 50 spot is mine old man. Hopefully once I get the tach fixed I will be able to run out the rpms instead of short shifting.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #504
Junkie

Lol hell I could post the fastest timeslips and these pussies still won't put me up there cause I don't talk nice to them and say I'm slow and shit. Pssssh
you are slow and shit
Old 08-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #505
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
That 50 spot is mine old man. Hopefully once I get the tach fixed I will be able to run out the rpms instead of short shifting.
You take my #50 spot I'll kick you in the hip.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #506
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
You take my #50 spot I'll kick you in the hip.
triangle for the win
Old 08-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #507
kdanner

I wasn't happy with the times so I just threw away the slips. Sorry.
I should have thought of this before. I can look up your slips on live timing. What was your car number?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #508
kdanner

Never mind, I found you, car #4050. I did a comparison with a 2013 I've done some work on. It's a base GT with auto/brembo/recaro/tech package. Engine is 100% untouched, has the stock 3.15 axle. Just has a converter, driveshaft, off road X, my calibration. Good wheels and tires and the only suspension he has is a Roush upper. He lost the weight of the sway bar and those 17" fronts save a little, but then again you don't have the weight of the automatic or the Brembos either, so the weights of your cars would be very close. This is his best pass vs the best pass from your car on Saturday. We won't worry about down low where you had traction problems and he is bound to be quicker because of that. The downtrack splits are what interests me, this shows the horsepower. You can see that from 660 on you're 0.0168 quicker than him. Now in fairness he was in 950' air, and you were in 1750' so we have to allow some for that. All said and done, in my opinion your car wasn't making steam anywhere near the HP number claimed, I'd guess it was 75-100 short of that considering it can barely pull a bone stock engine in the back half. With good traction/driving and better air you might touch the 11.30s, I don't see any more than that without making some changes.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg blk2012gt.jpg (11.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #509
Toby

I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing??? Just curious as to why it did not perform. I have not rode in the car, but from my understanding of his and nicks race he was running away from him which shows he is making more steam. Even though their mph was pretty similar... just some food for thought.. we need to get a log of his car soon and see what is going on with it on the street..
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #510
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I am wondering if maybe since jeff has been switching back and forth between e85 and pump that maybe there is a slight bad mixture of fuel that nite and the tune was pulling timing??? Just curious as to why it did not perform. I have not rode in the car, but from my understanding of his and nicks race he was running away from him which shows he is making more steam. Even though their mph was pretty similar... just some food for thought.. we need to get a log of his car soon and see what is going on with it on the street..
you guys and your bad mixtures of fuel. remind me to not gas up in mckinney.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote