Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
Sieran

Originally Posted by maxpayne View Post
This is a great idea! I have never even thought of this.

However, what happens if the cam records you being negligent while driving and you (God forbid) get into an accident. The footage may be subpoenaed and used against you/your insurance company. Just some food for thought. Also, re-read your insurance coverage policy to make sure a dash cam is not forbidden. It is 99% likely that a "dash cam" is not referred to or referenced but it would give you a piece of mind.

Also, is there an erase feature or button or something similar to quickly delete footage?
Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Tap into the ignition wire or accessory wire that way it stays on until you open your doors.

I just use my GoPro, but this is a great alternative.
I'll have to check with my insurance (though not sure why they would prohibit a camera... you would think they would want one). As far as a quick erase, it does not, but I suppose you could just pop the SD card out real quick.

I have my GoPro also, but figured a $350 camera that has a short battery span unless I plug it in and no recording looping would be too much of a hassle. Though before I found this I was probably one idiot away from using it anyways.
Sieran is offline   Reply With Quote