Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
Disturbed

Default 4 Banger Trolls

So, I decided to go out this evening for a bite to eat. On the way out of my complex, a dude in a civic si decided to rev his engine at me, and made direct eye contact. Not 10 minutes later, I was at a Braum's (the one off of western center & I-35). They have this little driveway in that area to give access to the local stores, so its a real tight 2-way. This asian dude in a wrx sti waited until he got right up beside me to rev so hard that he bumped the rev limiter 3 times.

What on earth makes these idiots think they are faster? The WRX looked completely stock, and the civic was a laughing matter. I literally had this asian guy give me the troll face with his window down while revving.

Its not that I dont like 2.3-2.5 liter engines... I would just rather have a couple of them under my hood.
Does anyone else get constantly revved at by slow 4 bangers?
Old 03-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
re-rx7
Banned

How do you know they were slow?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
BV600

I haven't had anybody, rev at me or anything... Maybe its the racestars? Im sure it will be even worse with the Procharger big red and D1SC Idling.

Actually thinking about it there was a 3V Mustang the other day that just kept revving and revving like an 18yr old that just got catless exhaust on.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
downtime!

There's a guy on this side of town with a white Evo that loves to think it's fast. Nice car and I like Evo's, but seriously, how many runs does it take to figure out you're not going to win?
Old 03-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I seriously do not pay any attention to the low budget imports at all like Civics and such. They rev at me or downshift next to me, I don't pay them any mind. They are not worth getting a ticket for at all.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
Crimson600+HP

I've had them claim they would dust me because they (stock Evos, STI's, SRT-4's, etc.). They turn up the boost on their 4CYL and think they can own V8's. Up until the point they find out I'm running boost too. Always as them to put their money where their mouth is at Little River on a Friday night, but only one Mini Cooper S took me up. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #7
Disturbed

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
How do you know they were slow?
Because, when he went by, not only was it 100% stock cosmetically, his revving fart can was stock too. Who the hell would spend lots of money trying to be fast without first putting a real exhaust on it?

He runs 13.6 tops @ stock.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:14 PM   #8
Disturbed

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
There's a guy on this side of town with a white Evo that loves to think it's fast. Nice car and I like Evo's, but seriously, how many runs does it take to figure out you're not going to win?
Im an Evo lover too. But these guys, even with AWD, cannot reach 0-60 before us without some good mods.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #9
Disturbed

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
I've had them claim they would dust me because they (stock Evos, STI's, SRT-4's, etc.). They turn up the boost on their 4CYL and think they can own V8's. Up until the point they find out I'm running boost too. Always as them to put their money where their mouth is at Little River on a Friday night, but only one Mini Cooper S took me up. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty.
Good story, and couldn't agree more. I was originally going to buy an Evo. But honestly, I would rather start with respectable 1/4 time then have to mod to get one. Now mods just make it all that much better for what I already have.

We have a guy at work who drives an S2000. Ironically, he also made a comment a couple weeks back that everyone he sees in a mustang just rolls by revving their engine with a troll face at him. Honestly, this weekend has proven to me its the other way around.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #10
Disturbed

Originally Posted by BV600 View Post
I haven't had anybody, rev at me or anything... Maybe its the racestars? Im sure it will be even worse with the Procharger big red and D1SC Idling.

Actually thinking about it there was a 3V Mustang the other day that just kept revving and revving like an 18yr old that just got catless exhaust on.
Well, I had my fogs on, dark tint, and the front license plate in the windshield.
Perhaps he thought I was a tuner or some shit.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #11
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
Im an Evo lover too. But these guys, even with AWD, cannot reach 0-60 before us without some good mods.
You really live in your own world. Im not saying a properly setup rwd car cant beat a awd off the line but a stockish evo 8-9 is more then capable of putting the hurt on a 5.0 with boltons.

Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
Because, when he went by, not only was it 100% stock cosmetically, his revving fart can was stock too. Who the hell would spend lots of money trying to be fast without first putting a real exhaust on it?

He runs 13.6 tops @ stock.
Ever heard of sleeper?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:28 AM   #12
Disturbed

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
You really live in your own world. Im not saying a properly setup rwd car cant beat a awd off the line but a stockish evo 8-9 is more then capable of putting the hurt on a 5.0 with boltons.

Ever heard of sleeper?
Im sensing troll behavior from you.
However, I know exactly what AWD Evo's and WRX's can pull for 0-60 and 1/4 without mods. They arnt slow, but they do not beat 5.0s. A stock Evo, even brand new is around 4.8 - 5.0s off the line. And they run mid 13's.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #13
Dominic Toretto

I haven't had a ricer rev at me in years. Last time that happened was maybe a few months after I bought the Corvette and it was always obvious ricers. IE Civics, NA Eclipses, NA 240s etc with hubcaps, two-foot wings, glow-in-dark windshield wiper nozels and well, you get the picture. However the last time some 4-bangers challenged me was a Evo something, and we were pretty even. A hopped up SRT4 drug me from a light in the Corvette and a bone-stock looking GSX Eclipse killed me in a roll race in the Corvette.

I'll say this, though, I wouldn't put too much sleep on factory and magazine quoted 0-60, 1/4 mile etc stats. If someone is willing to race you, more than likely they aren't stock. So those figures are completely worthless in the real world.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:57 AM   #14
Disturbed

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I haven't had a ricer rev at me in years. Last time that happened was maybe a few months after I bought the Corvette and it was always obvious ricers. IE Civics, NA Eclipses, NA 240s etc with hubcaps, two-foot wings, glow-in-dark windshield wiper nozels and well, you get the picture. However the last time some 4-bangers challenged me was a Evo something, and we were pretty even. A hopped up SRT4 drug me from a light in the Corvette and a bone-stock looking GSX Eclipse killed me in a roll race in the Corvette.

I'll say this, though, I wouldn't put too much sleep on factory and magazine quoted 0-60, 1/4 mile etc stats. If someone is willing to race you, more than likely they aren't stock. So those figures are completely worthless in the real world.

-Alex
Personally, I don't rev at anyone unless I plan to do something about it. Having two ricers rev me in the same day was weird. But these kinda tools won't actually race. They just bark
Old 03-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #15
JDMLOL

I occasionally have people rev at me. Every time it has happened so far I look over and it is a kid in some busted up POS. I usually just laugh and ignore them.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote