Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #76
GTOphil

I buy a car because I have a little penis and it makes me feel more like a man to have something faster or more expensive than the next guy.

When something newer, bigger or faster comes out I have to have it, cuz...ya know...little penis.

That should about settle it. lol.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #77
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Fair enough.

Any performance car that I buy, I plan on modding at some point anyway. When I look at a car I see it as buying a lot of small parts, so if I plan to swap out, springs, struts, shocks, LCAs, intake, cam, pistons, rods etc etc, it doesn't make sense to pay $32k when I can spend $27, save money on mods or just have money WITH the same warranty .

If you(not you but just in general) planned to keep the car bone stock, then yes I see your point.

-Alex
If you were paying cash for the car I would see where your logic makes since but they are talking financed cars. The payments wouldn't be that much cheaper between the prices you posted to be able to save up for that in a short term. So your logic seems a little flawed. Now if your paying cash then your math makes since I can't argue.

On a side note I have bought just as many used cars as I have new and have always had more issues with the used cars. You never know what the first person did to it and if it was a factory turd that always had issues and that was the reason they got rid of it. Sorry for the run on sentence, I didn't feel like stopping my train of thought.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #78
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
I buy a car because I have a little penis and it makes me feel more like a man to have something faster or more expensive than the next guy.

When something newer, bigger or faster comes out I have to have it, cuz...ya know...little penis.

Agreed.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #79
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Fair enough.

Any performance car that I buy, I plan on modding at some point anyway. When I look at a car I see it as buying a lot of small parts, so if I plan to swap out, springs, struts, shocks, LCAs, intake, cam, pistons, rods etc etc, it doesn't make sense to pay $32k when I can spend $27, save money on mods or just have money WITH the same warranty .

If you(not you but just in general) planned to keep the car bone stock, then yes I see your point.

-Alex
Sound logic. However, and it's been mentioned before, is the only flaw is you have no idea about the treatment of the car by the previous owner. Sure, you can replace some things quickly, and easier than other, but in the case of one of our member here, he traded in a car that was having issues with the motor, which he never took care of. And it's likely those were passed on to the next owner.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #80
03MachMe

After seeing the condition a lot of the guys in here have traded their cars in, I will be very hesitant to buy another used sports car lol.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #81
Pat McCrotch

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post

HAHA... And that is why I bought a Shelby...
Old 02-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #82
GTOphil

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
After seeing the condition a lot of the guys in here have traded their cars in, I will be very hesitant to buy another used sports car lol.
The only solace I have in mine is that it was driven by a middle aged woman and kept bone stock for a year, bought and traded in the same little town with only 11k miles put on it. She traded it for a Dodge Dart....wow, lol.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #83
GTOphil

Originally Posted by Pat McCrotch View Post
HAHA... And that is why I bought a Shelby...
Um...what are the chances you'll be in the Shelby when I meet you this week??
Old 02-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #84
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I would only buy a classic sports car, because they will pretty much tell/show you what is wrong with them, and they are relatively easy to fix if you have the knowledge.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #85
Pat McCrotch

I'll bring her tonight..
Old 02-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #86
46Tbird

My 2012 GT has nearly 50k miles on it. It will have 80-90k on it by the time it's paid off (1.9 for 60mo). I bought it to daily drive it, not to sit in garage while I spend thousands of mod dollars on it and wipe it down with diapers. If it was a more desirable or expensive car, I probably wouldn't daily drive it.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #87
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 46tbird View Post
my 2012 gt has nearly 50k miles on it. It will have 80-90k on it by the time it's paid off (1.9 for 60mo). I bought it to daily drive it, not to sit in garage while i spend thousands of mod dollars on it and wipe it down with diapers. If it was a more desirable or expensive car, i probably wouldn't daily drive it.
bingo!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #88
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
However, and it's been mentioned before, is the only flaw is you have no idea about the treatment of the car by the previous owner. Sure, you can replace some things quickly, and easier than other, but in the case of one of our member here, he traded in a car that was having issues with the motor, which he never took care of. And it's likely those were passed on to the next owner.
You're absolutely right, I don't have any idea on how the previous owner treated the car. If that's a flaw in logic, then I could just as easily say, those disagreeing have flawed logic in expecting brand new cars to be worry free. Hell, there's a known issue of manual transmission failures with these cars. So buying a new one doesn't magically make things not break. If brand new cars didn't have problems I don't think manufacturers would need to offer warranties.

I bought my previous Corvette with 52k miles, no warranty and the only thing to break on the car prior to the engine at over 140k miles was the radiator overflow tank. Literally, that car was flawless and driven hard for over 90k miles and saw plenty of road trips and hadn't seen the problems plenty of people are reporting with new cars. So I don't subscribe to the idea that new cars are less likely to break than used. If I were brand new to buying cars, then yes I would agree. But experience has proven otherwise.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 02-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #89
DirtyD

But when something does break on a new car, that's why you have a warranty, just saying. Leaving the idea of modding the car out of the question.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #90
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
But when something does break on a new car, that's why you have a warranty, just saying. Leaving the idea of modding the car out of the question.
I have an 80k mile warranty on my used car. Saved about $5k versus buying new. So I get all the benefits and save money.

-Alex