Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #46
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I agree. The area under the curve will tell you how your car is going to pull an where to shift.
but again.. its a tool.. I don't brag about dyno numbers.. hell I don't even like telling ppl the numbers.. but for example.. I dyno'ed all my blower combos on the same dyno. I have all my dyno files, so I could overlay them and see the exact power band difference between the old blower and the new one.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #47
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
but again.. its a tool.. I don't brag about dyno numbers.. hell I don't even like telling ppl the numbers.. but for example.. I dyno'ed all my blower combos on the same dyno. I have all my dyno files, so I could overlay them and see the exact power band difference between the old blower and the new one.
Yup, I agree completely. Doing so allows you to tweak your set up and tune in a way that helps dialing in your car the correct way. Dyno numbers mean squat.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #48
Oxford14Stang

Alright guys... newbie question. I've got no idea what the best way to post a video on here would be. I'm thinking upload it to my youtube channel and post link? Or is there a way that I can post it on here directly from my computer? For now, I'll post dyno pics of the car strapped and graph. Thanks for any help/pointers.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #49
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Alright guys... newbie question. I've got no idea what the best way to post a video on here would be. I'm thinking upload it to my youtube channel and post link? Or is there a way that I can post it on here directly from my computer? For now, I'll post dyno pics of the car strapped and graph. Thanks for any help/pointers.
Upload it on Youtube. Then use the Youtube tab above the box where you reply like so [YT] [ /YT].
Old 06-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #50
Oxford14Stang

Upload it on Youtube. Then use the Youtube tab above the box where you reply like so [YT] [ /YT].
Okay, will that tab be on youtube next to the reply there, or the tab will be here on this site next to our reply tab? because I can't find it :-/

Last edited by Oxford14Stang; 06-06-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #51
Oxford14Stang

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 06-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #52
White_lightning

Most prob 10-15 rwhp inflated because its in std
Old 06-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #53
Oxford14Stang

Yes, that's what I figured it'd be. Don't know much about dynos.. this was my first time dynoing my car/any car. Just learning that's all but as it was mentioned before the SAE numbers would of been lower, and the STD numbers read high. I'm getting the hang of it.

Last edited by Oxford14Stang; 06-06-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #54
Oxford14Stang

hmm.. give me a second to figure out how to get this video to post. If all else fails since I can't figure out this whole youtube tab thing I'll just post a link. I did however find the youtube tab, just no luck getting it to post the video on here.. just shows a link.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #55
Selcouth

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
I'll just leave this here.

The majority of members won't even be able to get into that thread, but I thought your comment was funny since you were posting dyno numbers on 5/23.

OP solid numbers to give you somewhat of a baseline. Now get your ass out to the track.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #56
Oxford14Stang

Okay, can't seem to figure it out, so like I said I'll just post the link to the youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--bA1fGtWBA

there it is, on the dyno.

Last edited by Oxford14Stang; 06-06-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #57
Oxford14Stang

Originally Posted by Selcouth View Post

The majority of members won't even be able to get into that thread, but I thought your comment was funny since you were posting dyno numbers on 5/23.

OP solid numbers to give you somewhat of a baseline. Now get your ass out to the track.
Yes sir! will be out on the track for the first time tomorrow up at North star dragway

Old 06-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #58
Grandpa
I> /\/\

He was giving Sam props, not braggin about numbers. If you know Dave thats not his style.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #59
Selcouth

He was giving Sam props, not braggin about numbers. If you know Dave thats not his style.
Holy fawk Steve you are losing your touch, I'm giving him shit. You playing boyfriend again? Maybe I should have asked him if he feels like he can keep up with a turbo Cavi wagon now, since he was having issues awhile back keeping up with Veg.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #60
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Selcouth View Post

I posted numbers to show the diff between the f1r and f1x and o give props to the builder/tuner.. Steve will tell you it is very rare for me to disclose numbers.. And you willl most likely not see my kill mode numbers