Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

And I hardly ever get on that site so I never saw that post. You posted that on 7-19-13 so yeah I would had never seen that since I get on s197 maybe once a week.

Last edited by BLK2012GT; 08-18-2013 at 08:18 PM.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
Jeff is picking more fights?
I don't think he'll be picking anymore fights for awhile due to his performance last night after his ricer burnout on the rev-limiter and his 25 second pass. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I don't think he'll be picking anymore fights for awhile due to his performance last night after his ricer burnout on the rev-limiter and his 25 second pass. lol.
Yes cause that was my only pass of the night. If you think you can hang with me lets race next Friday at the coit meet for 100 dollars unless you still can't find fourth.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Yes cause that was my only pass of the night. If you think you can hang with me lets race next Friday at the coit meet for 100 dollars unless you still can't find fourth.
So much for you not street racing...
Old 08-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
So much for you not street racing...
How do you think I race kent and Nic?

So is that yes to the bet?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Good Lord...take it easy...

This shit talking has no weight though. Take it to the track. A 60 punch on the highway is basically a dyno run. I want to see you guys actually run at the track.

Most guys had issues launching, unless they were running slicks or ET's. I could only pull a 1.9 60' out of my 305/35/20's, but then again I didn't want to blow an MT82.

Somebody please let Jeff borrow some slicks so we can end this!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

This shit talking has no weight though. Take it to the track. A 60 punch on the highway is basically a dyno run. I want to see you guys actually run at the track.

Most guys had issues launching, unless they were running slicks or ET's. I could only pull a 1.9 60' out of my 305/35/20's, but then again I didn't want to blow an MT82.

Nah I'm buying my own wheels and tires
Old 08-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
wbt

Hehehe.... He is a bit sensitive. I would like to see him reach his goals as well. That's why we all do this. It's still fun poking at him.

Tires, seat time, and a good shifter should go a long way.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Hehehe.... He is a bit sensitive. I would like to see him reach his goals as well. That's why we all do this. It's still fun poking at him.

Tires, seat time, and a good shifter should go a long way.
Not sensitive at all. I'm not on great tires and haven't been to the track in years. I would had been very happy to hit 11's my first time back in over a decade. But it didn't happen oh well. But Steve won't bet me cause we are "friends" yet he gives me a lot of shit when usually friends don't do that. At least not as much as he does. I guess since he got so much shit at Dfwmustangs he thinks he can do that here. I think I'm going to call Steve, Eric.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Not sensitive at all. I'm not on great tires and haven't been to the track in years. I would had been very happy to hit 11's my first time back in over a decade. But it didn't happen oh well. But Steve won't bet me cause we are "friends" yet he gives me a lot of shit when usually friends don't do that. At least not as much as he does. I guess since he got so much shit at Dfwmustangs he thinks he can do that here. I think I'm going to call Steve, Eric.
Dude, you seriously need to lighten up. After all that smack talk you did for so long, you can't seriously expect not to get some ribbing about it all. You're complaining about the same thing you do, you still give me crap about the 4th gear thing, see me complaining about it? No, cuz it is funny. It's not a big deal. I told you with some seat time you will get it down.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
Yagermeister

Jeff, you keep using the excuse of seat time but guess what...a Really experienced driver drove your slow a$$ car too and barely got into the 11s.

X275 power adder cars are only allowed a 275/60/15 Drag Radial so please don't use the "my tires aren't big enough" excuse if their tire works for 1000+ hp
Old 08-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
Jeff, you keep using the excuse of seat time but guess what...a Really experienced driver drove your slow a$$ car too and barely got into the 11s.

X275 power adder cars are only allowed a 275/60/15 Drag Radial so please don't use the "my tires aren't big enough" excuse if their tire works for 1000+ hp
Yeah cause cutting 1.9 60ft is really running on great tires. I mean someone that is John force on dfw5.0 should know that.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #13
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Yeah cause cutting 1.9 60ft is really running on great tires. I mean someone that is John force on dfw5.0 should know that.
should have opted for the 15 inch wheels instead of trying to make your car look cute or maybe you should just learn how to drive. and also, Brent is my good friend, I raced with him every weekend last year and I know what he is capable of. At the same time your car was in the shop and you were on the keyboard talking about how fast your car was gonna be when you got it back. now that you got it you can't even break 12s. Congrats jeff!!! hope that money was well spent.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #14
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
should have opted for the 15 inch wheels instead of trying to make your car look cute or maybe you should just learn how to drive. and also, Brent is my good friend, I raced with him every weekend last year and I know what he is capable of. At the same time your car was in the shop and you were on the keyboard talking about how fast your car was gonna be when you got it back. now that you got it you can't even break 12s. Congrats jeff!!! hope that money was well spent.
Wonder why I call you guys fucking idiots. MY FIRST TIME DOWN THE TRACK WITH THE CAR AND MYSELF IN 10 YEARS. NOT ONCE DID I SAY I WAS GOING TO BEAT BRENTS TIME MY FIRST TIME OUT.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #15
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Wonder why I call you guys fucking idiots. MY FIRST TIME DOWN THE TRACK WITH THE CAR AND MYSELF IN 10 YEARS. NOT ONCE DID I SAY I WAS GOING TO BEAT BRENTS TIME MY FIRST TIME OUT.
finally, he back tracks. can't wait to post your video!
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote