Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #241
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
Any changes I need to make on the Callout sheets from last night?
It's pretty safe to say Jeff is NOT the #1 spot or the #10 for that matter...
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #242
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
It's pretty safe to say Jeff is NOT the #1 spot or the #10 for that matter...
Didn't see you race last night big boy.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #243
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Didn't see you race last night big boy.
Nah. Was having too much fun hanging out with the group. That was the first we've all been together in awhile. Foof, Lurch, Womack, Strokd, Blownaltered. None of us raced, we were having too much fun catching up having a good time. Besides, I haven't changed anything on my car and I know what it will run. I know I can hang with your car with YOU driving.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #244
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Nah. Was having too much fun hanging out with the group. That was the first we've all been together in awhile. Foof, Lurch, Womack, Strokd, Blownaltered. None of us raced, we were having too much fun catching up having a good time. Besides, I haven't changed anything on my car and I know what it will run. I know I can hang with your car with YOU driving.
Bet I would crush you on the hwy.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #245
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Bet I would crush you on the hwy.
I would hope so since it's nothing but a dyno race with anything under 800rw car. Doesn't take any skill for a sub-800rw car roll race. Which is a good thing for you. lol
Old 08-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #246
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Just wait till I get some slicks and some seat time. Don't worry I'll be running the times I should.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #247
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Just wait till I get some slicks and some seat time. Don't worry I'll be running the times I should.
Yup. You'll get it with more time. Obviously the car has some good times in it with a competent driver like Clint. The MPH says a lot at 119 with Clint driving and 114 with you. You just need some practice to learn the car and not be nervous with it. You and I would be a good race right now.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #248
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

And like I said on Facebook, that was the first time to take that car down the 1/4 mile track and first time for me in over ten years. I need more seat time for sure and figure out the best combo for my car with the MT82
Old 08-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #249
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Yup. You'll get it with more time. Obviously the car has some good times in it with a competent driver like Clint. The MPH says a lot at 119 with Clint driving and 114 with you. You just need some practice to learn the car and not be nervous with it. You and I would be a good race right now.
I ran 117mph
Old 08-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #250
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I would hope so since it's nothing but a dyno race with anything under 800rw car. Doesn't take any skill for a sub-800rw car roll race. Which is a good thing for you. lol
And I'm talking about just on motor I would crush you.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #251
Grandpa
I> /\/\

And like I said on Facebook, that was the first time to take that car down the 1/4 mile track and first time for me in over ten years. I need more seat time for sure and figure out the best combo for my car with the MT82
I know, but you were telling us all how you were a driving mofo come to find out you don't even know how to do a proper burn out. Standing on the rev-limiter in 1st gear?! Dude, you're lucky you didn't hurt the motor in the car. Thankfully you didn't seem to hurt it and were able to get it out of limp mode to make some more passes. It's definitely a quick car, just not with you driving it right now.

Proper burnout = heel/toe in 2nd gear.

I ran 117mph
So did I with nothing more than a hpipe and a tune on fully inflated street tires.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #252
Grandpa
I> /\/\

And I'm talking about just on motor I would crush you.
In theory you should, sure. I'd agree with that since you make like 80rw more than I do. But what I was saying that roll racing anything under the 800rw power level doesn't take a lot of skill. Above that is a different story though and take some skill when you get to big power levels.

But I'll run you. 1st gear roll from like 10-15mph and you have to put your street tires back on to be fair.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #253
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I know, but you were telling us all how you were a driving mofo come to find out you don't even know how to do a proper burn out. Standing on the rev-limiter in 1st gear?! Dude, you're lucky you didn't hurt the motor in the car. Thankfully you didn't seem to hurt it and were able to get it out of limp mode to make some more passes. It's definitely a quick car, just not with you driving it right now.

Proper burnout = heel/toe in 2nd gear.

So did I with nothing more than a hpipe and a tune on fully inflated street tires.
Not once did I say I was great track driver since I haven't been to the track over ten years. On the street I think I'm a lot better driver. Nic ran a 12.6 last night but when him and I raced on the hwy I know I beat him by more then .3. Like I said I need more seat time at the track.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #254
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

In theory you should, sure. I'd agree with that since you make like 80rw more than I do. But what I was saying that roll racing anything under the 800rw power level doesn't take a lot of skill. Above that is a different story though and take some skill when you get to big power levels.

But I'll run you. 1st gear roll from like 10-15mph and you have to put your street tires back on to be fair.
Those were my street tires I was running last night.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #255
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Not once did I say I was great track driver since I haven't been to the track over ten years. On the street I think I'm a lot better driver. Nic ran a 12.6 last night but when him and I raced on the hwy I know I beat him by more then .3. Like I said I need more seat time at the track.
I can understand why you're backpeddling a lil bit right now. I'm not going to bust your balls about it too much and I'm just keeping your honest. You're eating some crow right now and I'm sure it doesn't taste all that great but you have to expect it abit after your TONS of smack talking. You did say to all of us that you were a badass driver and wouldn't have any problems etc etc etc after you were busting my balls about missing fourth.

Nick has been faster than a 12.6. Him and I were both running faster than that last time out.

And of course you think you're a better street driver. There is nothing to tell you otherwise like a time slip. Everyone's car feels faster on the street. lol.

Those were my street tires I was running last night.
You don't have your 20's anymore? You running the bigs/littles full time?