Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
GTOphil

I admittedly haven't dataloged the Bama tune. I run WOT occasionally...but I've owned the car for a year and put 5k on it. I don't street race, just the occasional mashing it so the kids laugh.

My car is so close to stock at this time I'm not concerned about the Bama tune- especially because they have a 3/36 warranty on the engine in case of a #8 issue <----that to me says a lot about their confidence the tuning has been perfected over the last few years.

I also ran across a thread on another forum where a guy did some extensive research and noted that a LOT of the #8 problems came from a particular PCM code from cars built in the middle of 2011- indicating that perhaps there was a bad batch of ecus- and of course early on I know there were tuners who didn't know what they were doing.

I sent Travis an email. I've talked to Tim @ TSM. My problem is I'm just not sure who to trust my baby to since they WON'T be offering a warranty (and no I wouldn't expect them to). GH is a well known mustang name...I just want to get it tuned safely and if there's more power there- cool.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote