View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #28
Shaun13GTCS

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
...because you didn't have the necessary supporting mods. What RPM were you launching at?

Let's not mention the extra weight savings. Your 60' would be worse if you aren't launching the car at the right RPM.
I agree, why it took me a while to order the Boss intake. But I'm sure there's other people in my situation, and were curious. That's why I posted it.

I was launching at about 4500-5000rpm. I have 275/60 15 NT555R's. I need slicks so I can come off the line hard at 6-6500rpm.

As far as weight, I did have some extra stuff in the car. Just some tools because I came alone this time. But probably not the same amount of weight as the sway bar.

Originally Posted by wbt
When you make contradicting statements it is worth taking note of especially when you want to troll over and stir the pot.

My car isn't a race car or track only car. What are you planning to do about the required safety equipment? Roll bar, c-clip eliminators, SFI bell housing, etc.?
I really haven't thought that far ahead yet. To be honest, I'm hoping my track won't be as strict so I don't have to worry about the roll bar lol. Like I said, Im not competing with anyone. Just doing it for myself.

Originally Posted by wbt
Glad you admitted it. Now let's talk facts.

1. Shaun claimed he ran a time but couldn't back it up. There were no timeslips but there was video footage of his runs on the same day but mysteriously the 10.96 run wasn't filmed.

He was also caught not telling the truth to include the weight of his car and the fuel he was using.

2. When JPC ran 10.78 in Larry's car I congratulated them. JPC own's the quickest timeslip and I have never debated that.

After several months the picture became clear. We caught people not being forthcoming or choosing to not tell the truth about that car. For example, when JPC ran the car at NMRA MIR, the owner said they were testing the Boss intake when in reality they were using a CJ intake. This was only caught by looking through pictures.

3. Hacking Facebook....that is a flat out lie. There are privacy settings each user can set for their account. For example, your settings allow everyone to see your pictures and information about you. Same can be said for the other.

Really what this comes down to is integrity. If you are upfront and honest I have no problems. If you want to tell half-truths or flat out lie, you are going to get called on the carpet.

The big question is why can't people just be honest?
Maybe I should of just minded my own business and not got involved with it. I did what any good friend would do, and defended a friend.

Maybe there was certain things I could have not said...
Shaun13GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote