View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
Crimson600+HP

Default Blinking Check Engine Light

Today I had a new anomaly with my car. Was at a local raceway, then lost a huge amount of power and 10mph off my trap speed. Immediately greeted by a flashing check engine light that would flash for no more than 15 seconds than disappear. Obviously I was losing power so I decided to limp the car home. I figured that it may be tune related since I got new ones or possibly bad gas causing a misfire. My SCT tuner wasn't able to pick up and DTC Codes either. Eventually I was able to plug in a 91 octane tune instead of a 93 tune which is what I suspected as a problem.

On the drive back I was being cautious, monitoring my A/F ratio and other aspects. Check engine never came back on until I decided to give it a little gas on a freeway on ramp. Instantly got a blinking CEL again. Rest of the drive home, no issues. Figure I will try to run some newer 93 with a fuel system cleaner/octane booster to see if it was gas related. Then if this doesn't work my only thoughts would be a bad coil or spark plug.

I am just hoping I don't have a cylinder 8 issue looming or something bigger as I am sure the dealership won't warranty anything with my car. Anyone else experience something like this before.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote