View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm not sure what exactly you mean. Anyone who thinks I'm a Mustang hater of any kind clearly doesn't know me. I've probably owned more Stangs than anyone here on this board over the years. Just because I bought the V and selling my 5.0, doesn't make me a hater or anyone should assume I have a negative opinion of it. It just doesn't fit into my life right now with a family. I don't get the enjoyment out of the Stang because I'm not able to use it very often due to having two small kids with me 90% of the time. Getting car seats in and out of the back of a Stang is not easy nor enjoyable. I've had the car two years now and only been able to put 11k miles on it, most of those miles riding alone without my family.

That being said, I still won't be Mustang-less. I still have the Mach sitting here when I get the urge to row gears and hear the wonderful sound of a Mustang again. It's paid for and not being used. A blank canvas to go absolutely nuts with if I choose to do so. Also, if Ford does a Mach in the new S550 platform, we will be buying one. There will always be Mustangs in this family.

All of that being said, there is nothing wrong at all enjoying what else is out there being offered to enjoy. If someone want to hate on me for not being blind brand loyal, that is fine. I feel sorry for anyone who is so rabidly blindly brand loyal to a company that holds no loyality to them. It's short sighted not to enjoy anything cool and fast. I love my V and will make no apologies for it. It's a cool, fast, well handling car that I can enjoy every single day and still have room for my family.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote