View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:24 PM   #32
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by garner View Post
She would've had to change the charge to reckless driving in order to do that. But if you want to get technical, you can get arrested for doing 1 mph over if the cop thinks it is reckless driving. So actually everybody in this thread could have been arrested.
Yeah kid, I get it a cop can arrest you for doing anything blah blah blah. I have gotten tickets in the past too, 5mph here, 10mph there. You stated the prosecutor was being a hardass. Since she didn't push for reckless endangerment (which in most states that is 20mph or over), I think she let you off fairly easy.

Needless to say I have a colleague who doesn't intend to stop speed or getting parking tickets. Instead he has just hired a lawyer damn near full time to take care of his traffic/driving infractions. 15+ citations over the past three years and he has yet to have one hold up. It's cheaper for him to speed and hire a lawyer than to play itself/pay the fines.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!

Last edited by Crimson600+HP; 05-08-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote