View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
No big deal. What's what this site is for, to help people.

It's not technically going to hurt anything in the short term but it basically renders your LCA's useless. It will make your suspension worse.

I'd highly recommend not lowering your car till you get these things.

LCA's
LCA relocation brackets. (because the angle has to be corrected) These are more important than the LCA's themselves.
Adj Panhard. (when you drop the car the stock panhard is solid and will push the rear out of alignment)
CC plates or Camber bolts. (to correct front camber. Plates are better, bolts will do for short term)

Most people think a UCA is required but I feel that with the 2piece DS the pinion angle isn't that huge of an issue short term. It is def better and highly recommended long term. I plan on switching mine when I swap axles.

Also keep in mind a more aggressive spring is going to be harder on the shocks/struts. My stock ones lasted about 5k miles before one blew.

That's the plan. I'm not going to lower it without having all the right parts. Except maybe the LCA's at first. Thought about going with the Koni Orange's because I really don't know when I would need to adjust my suspension at all. Without a track close by anymore (damn Hallsville closing down) it will probably only see street action. Now, if I can come across a good deal like 03MachMe posted up, i'll get adjustables obviously.

Here is what I was thinking:
BMR PHB
K or P springs
Koni orange or D-specs
camber bolts
strut mounts

later on BMR lca's and relocation bracket. But which BMR's should I go with? I don't see myself needing adjustables in this area either.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote