View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
DarkHorse1350

Default SR Lowereing Springs & J&M Panhard Bar for 2011+ GT's

Hey guys and gals, I wanted to share my opinion about my recently installed SR lowering springs and J&M PH bar. I won't bore you with the install play by play as there are SEVERAL great "how to" posts with great pics to help you. I want to focus on the quality and my impression of these products since I couldn't find much info using the search feature here specifically for this combo.

The SR Springs (in my opinion) are GREAT option for those folks that are on a budget but still want all the offerings that come from lowering your car. These springs have a progressive rate spring (please someone correct me if I am wrong on this) which means that as they compress they get stiffer, which I can confirm is the case. over all drop is advertised at 1.5 inches, I am not quite there yet but once they settle I expect to be VERY close to that.
These springs may not have the track performance of a set of Eibachs or H&R's but for a 99% street car they will work well and give you that sleek look you are looking for. They come with a blue powder coating so they look just like Ford Racing springs.

I went with the aluminum J&M adjustable bar strictly for the weight savings, the steel bar is the same price so why not save a few pounds right?? Install is pretty much a rip and replace (look up the how to if you are curious on the process). On car adjustment is a little complicated versus say a BMR bar simply because of the location of the jam nuts and the bracket for the bar. J&M uses threaded ends and BMR uses an adjustable section in the middle of the bar. Again for a street car I think this is a great affordable option to get the rear end centered after you lower your Stang. Bar comes coated in a nice silver color with poly bushings and zirks (zyrks?) fittings for future greasing.

Over all I have less than $300 invested in this set up and could not be happier with the results. So if your looking for an affordable lowering set up I recommend these parts and I will probably purchase more SR suspension parts over time based on this experience.

Hope this helps some of you looking to lower your car but don't want to have $500+ wrapped up in the project. If you have any questions please let me know.

Pics...

You must be fast cause you were haulin azz when I passed you!!

2007 Mustang GT Black with Gold Racing Stripes"Goldie", 5 Speed, 3.55 Gears, SVE Lowering Springs, JLT CAI, Roush Axle Backs, Bama Tuned! **SOLD**

2013 Mustang GT, Deep Impact Blue, 6 speed, 3.73's, GT500 Axle Backs, JLT Oil Catch Can, Sound Tube Deleted, SR Lowering Springs, J&M Panhard Bar

Last edited by DarkHorse1350; 07-17-2013 at 09:59 AM.
DarkHorse1350 is offline   Reply With Quote