Thread: Random Misfire
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #26
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I completely understand what you are saying, but since you haven't gone through it yet it's easy to say what you would and wouldn't do.

There is always a trade off with high powered cars. At your power level, the car still has stock like manners and drivability. Until recently, 500 or so was about that limit, now with some newer cars a car (mustangs for the sake of this discussion) that number has been moved up to around the 600 mark.

But regardless of the make, model or how much money is thrown at a car, when you go through the process of building a high horsepower car it's very time consuming, expensive and trial and error on what is going to work and still have daily driver manners.

Eventually, at some point after tearing your car apart numerous times, tuning issues, blow a motor here,break a trans there, a dozen clutches, eventually you will get to a point in this hobby where you will appreciate having that "Camry" that will run and start everytime you turn the key, get good mileage, it's quiet not attracting every cop within a mile of you.. lol.
X2
The old standard was 500, if you were around or below that you were usually ok. But once you got above you started having issues. God know I never went through that. There is a breaking point on these new ones also and once you hit a certain power level you will always be working on them, it's always something. I loved driving my car on weekends but damn glad I had a daily driver.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote