Thread: Random Misfire
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #24
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
Yeah this is my starting point in this. I get what you're saying and I understand it. Things happen, but you can plan for most things. That's why there's a back up. I'm just not a believer in building a car and rarely driving it. I get it for folks that are building a race car and that is its primary function... just not for drivers.

And as far as cost, you don't do it if you can't afford to replace it.

And I appreciate what y'all are saying but there's no way I'm driving a Camry to work. Lol. That's just me.
I completely understand what you are saying, but since you haven't gone through it yet it's easy to say what you would and wouldn't do.

There is always a trade off with high powered cars. At your power level, the car still has stock like manners and drivability. Until recently, 500 or so was about that limit, now with some newer cars a car (mustangs for the sake of this discussion) that number has been moved up to around the 600 mark.

But regardless of the make, model or how much money is thrown at a car, when you go through the process of building a high horsepower car it's very time consuming, expensive and trial and error on what is going to work and still have daily driver manners.

Eventually, at some point after tearing your car apart numerous times, tuning issues, blow a motor here,break a trans there, a dozen clutches, eventually you will get to a point in this hobby where you will appreciate having that "Camry" that will run and start everytime you turn the key, get good mileage, it's quiet not attracting every cop within a mile of you.. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote