View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #365
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
Jeff, you keep using the excuse of seat time but guess what...a Really experienced driver drove your slow a$$ car too and barely got into the 11s.

X275 power adder cars are only allowed a 275/60/15 Drag Radial so please don't use the "my tires aren't big enough" excuse if their tire works for 1000+ hp
Sorry Brent but this is a uneducated post, drag radials and a stick do not equal good 60ft times. Yes cars with 1200+ make them work but these cars have timers to apply power very smoothly and with a automatic it also have a degree of slip with converter. We also have the ablitly to kill timing on shifts, kill timng at rpms we are havign isues with trackion, kill timing on shifts, ramp timing in/out ect. So to compair Jeff's 6 speed Manuel to a automatic 1200hp drag radial car is not a fair comparison.

Jeff's car also does not have drag radials, his tires are more of a road race tire than a drag radial. Not good for dead stops,

A stock 5.0 on stock tires, a tune, and auto will run 12.33@114. Easy to drive and not to hard to put into drive and let it shift its way down the track. We did this in my wife's car at full weight 100% stock with nothing but our tune up in it.

A Manuel will take seat time, does not matter how much seat time i have in my drag radial car. This car has to be revved very high to make power with cams, ported heads and a small motor.

Reving a car to 5,000rpms and expected it to hook well on a tire that is a little better than a true street tire is just silly and I told Jeff this. Trying to run the car in these is silly and a waste of time if you are truly looking for performance.

So let's break down the slip that his car ran

60ft 1.91

Put slicks on and adjust that 60ft, every 100th on the 60ft is worth 200th on the other end (1/4 mile racing)

60ft 1.60
11.2 in same air.....

Not a record by any means but still a fast street car none the less

I witness some pretty bad driving last night by some and I witness some pretty awesome driving by others. It takes time to learn a car and know what it needs. Everyone should pull together and enjoy this hobby, all this shit talking is getting very old and will run off members if it continues. No one like to fight

Jeff you are going to have to take some poking after last night. It just comes with it, you need to go out with the right tire, practice practice practice till you are happy with your times and then make your call outs. Till then I would not make any call outs, shit talking , fights about what the car should do. JUST GO OUT AND LEARN YOUR CAR!!!

My 2 cents

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote