View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #20
BLK50

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
How fast are you allowed to get up to on the straights? I saw he got up to around 105, but wasn't really stomping on it.
During the newbie lead/follow sessions, you're supposed to not go over 50mph. On the second, lead/follow - actually following the same yellow boss in the vid, he was hauling ass and I hit 90 on that back straight : ) The whole point of the Open Track days are to get folks oriented with the track and to learn the lines; that's it. You do get a good chance to see the limits of your car's handling as many of the corners are hair pin/blind and 50 is not hold-able. Really after 2 laps, I felt like I had a good feel for how my car was doing. It was only coming out of the turns that I would lose traction.

During the intermediate/advanced groups, they can go as fast as they want. Another guy in a Boss said he could only get to 120 on that back straight.

The video is very deceiving - notice the G meter on the video - it's flashed over 1G several times which is a lot of hanging the f on if you have a rider.
Current:2012 Boss Leguna Seca #290
Previous: 2011 Base GT "BLK 50", 2000 SS w/100 shot, 1993 Lightning w/75 shot

Last edited by BLK50; 03-05-2013 at 12:19 PM.
BLK50 is offline   Reply With Quote