View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #597
KungFuHamster

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
from what i saw at ennis a few weeks ago. all you guys street race because you cant drive worth a shit. its easier to roll race and its just a dyno pull. hence why you would like it, no driver input needed, you can show off all them horsepowers you spend so much money on. only time a car like mine would have a chance is from a dig or at the track because it involves driver skill as well. this list is about the top ten drivers/cars not who has the most horsepower.
For the most part this is true. Roll racing does not involve a lot of driver skill.

However, I will say that because I leave a lot of ET on the track doesn't necessarily mean I'm a shitty driver. I, like others, can't afford to break my tranny (or anything else), so I granny shift it. I'm on stock tires.

But I'm also more comfortable on the street and racing on the street is a completely different animal. Also, I race at the track like I do on the street (i.e. I leave the baby seat in, I don't mess with tire pressure...I make NO changes to the car).
So if Car X runs a time at the track after stripping his car down to a driver seat and on full slicks and then I catch Car X at a light, who's to say I wouldn't still beat that car?

I don't race my car much, this is true...but apparently I know it well enough to run within .005 second in a stick car.

This whole list thing has gotten foolish. I was going to throw my name in the hat and try to have some fun with it, but it would seem like its too much of a hassle.