View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #28
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Damn.. you make me want to go roots blower instead of centrifugal when I do in the future!
It all depends on personal driving style preferences and long term goals for your car. A Paxton has more big peak horsepower potential with the ability to make over 1000rw, but obviously that will require a full build of the motor, trans, clutch, rear, fuel system etc. Having to spin it to 8krpms isn't exactly street friendly but doable if you drive like an idiot. haha.

With a positive displacement blower, while it may not have a peak horsepower potential such as centri type, the instant torque makes it MUCH more street friendly/fun to drive on the street.

I've had both and both are fun to drive, but for ME, the PD blowers are they way to go for a street car. SO much fun to drive, easy "set it and forget it" type driving as long as you have a good tire on it.

Most street encounters you come across are usually only a gear or two pulls. A PD car will jump out and pull instantly, while a centri car builds power with RPM and usually has to play catch up reeling in a PD car. Centri cars usually make great MPH on the top end, but if you don't have enough ground to cover or the PD car sees you coming they usually hit the brakes early (03/04 Cobra guys are notorious for this! lol)

So pick what fits your driving style best and run with it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote