View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #43
46Tbird

I couldn't stand that goofy cocked-up wheel, so I spent some time messing with it. Plain and simple, that BMR bracket is cut wrong. The topmost hole is out of alignment by about 1/4". So I removed the 14mm bolt it came with, and substituted a Grade 8 3/8" bolt in the hole. I didn't mind since the bracket is located with the other bolts and uses this one for shear strength.

But I just couldn't get the 20s to bite any harder with the relo brackets than without. If I walked it out of the hole like always, it would get a shitty high 1.8 60' and run what it always runs. If I tried to hit it any harder out of the hole it was spin city and an aborted run. I was really hoping to get a 7.8 or even squeak out a 7.7 if it really hooked but it wasn't meant to be. The relo brackets seem to be a waste of time for my car with 20s so they're coming off until I get better tire on it.

Steve will be proud of my consistency

Still had a lot of fun out there though. Weather was perfect, but the DA climbed from ~500 to 1000 feet throughout the day. Several of the badass local 5.xx cars came out to run and they made some great passes. All us cheezdicks in our radial cars just screwed up the track for them.

Shout out to Robert (aka moor3r). Dude went 8.50 his first time out to the track, on 20" street tires and Sportlines no less. I think he's addicted.