View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #51
kdanner

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Regardless of the exxageration, you got the point friend .

And I agree about a tune but, it's not like you're gauranteed a perfect tune from anyone so why knock single out American Muscle? You can go anywhere and potentially receive a crappy tune. How many people here have had to go back more than once to tuners for a retune? Are some more or less reliable than others? Sure but, that is hardly a promise.

-Alex
I know you don't do the same thing with your car that I do, and probably have no interest in doing so, and that's fine. Let me explain my perspective though. I constantly have people looking for nitrous on my car, or asking what kind of blower it has on it, things like that. I put the parts on there that I think are going to make it the fastest. Sometimes I get that wrong, and if I do that part gets replaced. Yeah I get the funny looks about having a 30" tire on there, about the car sitting so high, about it being so plain with no spoiler and a regular GT front fascia and grille with no fogs, the front wheels being tucked in, "I'm crazy for spending a grand on a water pump", things like that. Those who question how it runs like it does have some of the answers right in front of their faces, but can't see past their own need to have the same heavy racestar wheels as everyone else, the same heavy MT tires as everyone else, the same 60' ruining lowering springs as everyone else, the same ABC tooner on forum XYZ as everyone else, etc, etc. Hmmm, maybe that is why their cars all run the same? The good stuff costs more, but to me the performance is worth it. AM is certainly not the only place, Latemodel sells a ton of cheap wheels too, are they still selling crappy BBR tunes also? Those places sell some quality stuff too, but small quantities compared to what they really are known for selling. You'd have to think the #1 sold thing for these cars is cheap black wheels from those 2 places, and they're making a killing pumping them out the door every day.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote